Saturday, October 29, 2005

How Lizzle got her groove back...

Once upon a time in a land not so far away lived a lovely girl named Liz.

Liz was a dear, sweet girl, but at times she was very prone to foul moods. These foul moods were frequently generated by the fact that Liz wasn't having any fun.

She was apologetic to the people who wanted to know about all the fun she was having, because there was frequently nothing to tell... Until one day...

Yup! That's right kids, Lizzle's back on the horse! Here's the scoop!

Friday I lunched with Anthony, and caught him up on all the job/nightmare scenario stuff. We ladies just love to gab about hating our jobs. (It was a delightful afternoon, very well spent.) After hanging out and window shopping with him for a while, I went home, had a delightful nap, and woke up to a ringing telephone. It was Beth returning a call I placed a couple days ago. So I chatted her up for a bit, and saw that during my nap I had also missed a call from Alana. (I guess including names in that last post was a good idea!) So I called Alana back and chatted with her for a bit. That gets us to roughly 9 PM.

Considering I've spent my whole day gabbing to people who were not available to go out with me, and napping, I decided it was probably going to be a quiet night in for the Lizzle... I was wrong.

I decided that I was not feeling up to starting an evening alone at 9 PM, so I decided to stave off boredom by going up to campus and using a computer, (since the geek squad is still holding my computer hostage).

While up at campus, I struck up a conversation with an old flame... And the rest, as they say, is history.

A few drinks and an evening with a straight male later, and I am a new woman! I won't get into details, but it was good... Even if there was a problem with an over-flowing toilet.

Yeah, a toilet over-flowed... And no, I didn't have a thing with Lenny Kravitz, it's just a coincidence.

So, it's a bright, shiny new day for Liz, and it will be followed with a drunken shiny night at Lonnie and Ling Wong's Birthday / Halloween extravaganza tonight.

Things are lookin up for the ol' Lizzle!

================================================

Those of you who are observant may have noticed that I've changed the header for the page to show a reader endorsement! If you have an endorsement of the fun-time happy hour, by all means, send it to me, and you might find your name in the header one of these days! (It can be your brush with fame... but since it's here, it's probably something more closely resembling infamy!)

================================================

On a different note, I would like to point something out.

I think it's readily apparent to all of you that I call things like I see them. I feel that I am entitled to say these things, and point out other people's stupidity, largely because I have no problem pointing out when I am in fact REALLY stupid. (Bluntly, I dish it out because I can take it.) Some people would argue that this pointing-out-stupidity trait makes me a jerk or an asshole. That's fine. I'm OK with that.

This trait has been the source of much of my entertainment, and the entertainment of my friends... Friends, some of which decided they liked me and wanted to be my friend specifically because of this trait.

What I am not OK with is when those same people who befriend me for that reason, decide that they don't want to be my friend anymore when I say something "jerk-y" or "asshole-ish." (This is largely because I am noting stupidity in THEIR personal behavior.)

The fact is, I am a jerk. If you want to be my friend, great! Just don't go getting pissed off when I act like a jerk if that's one of the things you liked about me in the first place.

Thank you, that is all.

=================================================

And now for some quotes:

"I really like making out with you!" ~Lizzle's straight boy encounter. (This is my time to gloat, just ignore me.)

"Jesus! After hearing about your work stories, I think I need a drink... and it's not even happening to me." ~Kirsten

Anthony: "I don't know what I'm going to be for Halloween this year."
Liz: "Dress in your normal clothes and be 'FABULOUS'"
Anthony: "Yeah, but I've been 'FABULOUS' for the last 4 years... they're onto me by now!"

"Halloween weekend makes for the ultimate in 'walks of shame' because you know there's no shame like doing a standard 'walk of shame' dressed as batman... The question is, do you wear the mask and be the asshole totally dressed as batman, or do you leave the mask off and just walk home in the rest of the outfit?"

"Seriously, I can't kiss you now! You're dressed as super-girl, and you have make up on... And not just lipstick, you did it all... What scares me is that you actually did a pretty good job! Did you even do the mascara yourself? " ~Ashley to her boyfriend.

No comments: