Tuesday, March 22, 2005

I think it's time we had a little talk about paranoia... WAIT! HOLD ON! IS SOMEBODY COMING?

Yeah, as the title would imply, y'all are a bunch of paranoid kiddos.

By y'all, I'm referring to those of you who go out with me and end up with pictures up here. YES, YOU.

I am actually using this one as a quote of the day, because I've heard it a few times here lately: "Hey, um, can you do me a favor and take down that picture of me?" (Now under a certain set of circumstances, I am willing to oblige your requests, though not always.) Basically you kids are terrified that someone is going to see this page and find out that you spent part of your weekend dancing, drinking, and socializing in a bar... Considering you are all over the age of 21, I really don't think that having a picture of you in a bar posted on this measly little page should be the greatest of your worries. (I think part of your paranoia stems from the fact that you grossly overestimate the popularity of this page... REALLY.)

Furthermore, I think it should factor in that as your friend I would never post anything TOO incriminating, and if you were willing to do it in front of everyone else who was around at the time, then it was probably not as big of a deal as YOU think it is.

People come here because a large chunk of the time, I write about funny stuff, and as far as I'm concerned it's relatively intelligent humor. You know what that means? The people who regularly read this are generally somewhat intelligent... and I give them credit for being able to tell the difference between a picture of two people grinding on a dance floor vs. two people grinding elsewhere.

I'm not meaning to get preachy on you kids. You know I love you. And you know that if it's a BIG problem I'll be more than willing to help you out, but seriously lighten up. If you work in the athletic department, and are over the age of 21, it's a pretty safe assumption that you've headed over to Bruno's after a game, right? Well guess what that means... YOUR SUPERIORS KNOW YOU CONSUME ALCOHOL! (Shocker, I know!) But you wanna know something else? They aren't stopping you when they are with you because it's allowed.

Lighten up, I'll keep you out of trouble. And besides, considering where I sit in the gym, and the things I hear and see while sitting there, a picture from a bar is the least of anyone's worries. I know all kinds of dirt that I don't go repeating (UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE) ... So stop worrying, I'm not a malicious person.


P.S. - If you kids are going to ask me to take down pictures of things like say, a certain dancefloor shot featuring you, then do not advocate the posting of less flattering shots of others, like a certain shot of me getting my face licked, or someone else trying to expose my chest to the masses at the bar... We here at the happy hour weblog do not advocate double standards. (Yeah, I said it!)

============================

Now that we've got that all covered, I'm going to go ahead and apologize for being a grump yesterday. I know that you kids don't come here for stories from the more depressing days that occasionally happen... I'm gonna try to stay upbeat for you. (Wink, wink.)

============================

I would like to take this time to thank Jen Mendez for leaving me a comment yesterday saying that she would propose to me if one of use were not female... Strange as it might seem, I understood what she meant, and I take that as a compliment. Thanks Nen.

============================

I've been slacking on the quotes of the day, I'm so very sorry... it just kinda got away from me. Please allow me to make it up to you.

QOTD

3.20.05-
Liz: "Seriously, who are we today?!?"
Mel: "I'll tell you who we are, WE'RE ROCKSTARS!"

3.21.05 - "Liz, I'm in New York, and I'm the LEAST sober of the group... We were going to go out, but then people got too drunk, and we didn't make it out the door... is that bad?" ~Beth H.

3.22.04 - (As promised) "Hey, um, can you do me a favor and take down that picture of me?" ~Multiple sources

============================

Side note to Shane: No, I was not mad.

Side note to Mel with reference to the side note to Shane: "I'M A HAPPY PERSON DAMMIT!"

============================

Special congratulations are due to Shaun, Shane, Mel, Jamie, Molly, and some guy I don't know for winning the intramural championship basketball tourney! Way to go guys! Way to represent!

No comments: