Tuesday, December 13, 2005

A job that won't make me want to wield an Uzi? NO WAY!!!!

As a young college grad, I've been waiting for this day to roll around since mid-May.

The day that I can finally say that I have a real job. I have a job that doesn't involve waiting tables, working retail, exotic dancing, or cleaning tanning beds. Gone are the days of "Lotion Training" and suicidally longing for an end to my salon-induced misery.

I have a job that actually looks respectable on a resume'. I have a salary that includes FRICKIN' HEALTH INSURANCE!

I don't have to worry about spontaneously developing toxoplasmosis, or shingles, or a sudden case of wandering spleen. BECAUSE I HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE!!!! (I have been very careful about what I have been doing since my parents' health insurance no longer covered me once I graduated... I've been very careful to avoid things like getting hit by a bus, or joining the polar bear club.)

I've also been very careful to avoid things like shopping, dining out, or generally spending money on non-essential items... basically if it doesn't go into my belly for the lowest possible cost, or keep the roof over my head, then it doesn't happen.

It'll be nice to actually venture out beyond those constraints for a change!

Of the company that hired me, I will say this; they are a small but well-respected retail real estate firm located downtown. The people there all seem friendly, and likable, and they all seemed to dig me for one reason or another. One guy liked me for my art minor, one guy liked me because he used to be a lifeguard too, one girl liked me because she was a swimmer and soccer player back in the day too... So I've got all that going for me.

I go in Thursday for a few hours just to get the rundown of what I need to do on a daily basis, and then I'll get to go home for the holidays, and actually start work on the 3rd of January!

Once again, I thank you hot bitches for all of your support in my brief low-moment.

Y'all are hot!

(There is a joke back there if you actually took the time to click the diseases!)

No comments: