Thursday, January 19, 2006

All that remains...


You see kids, I love you enough to show you... It's Thursday night, right before my payday cash infusion, and this picture displays my all that remains of my life right this second.

Displayed for you on a beautiful marble-top hallway table (a table that my dear, sweet mother got me as a housewarming gift) are my keys - which let me into the apartment that I currently owe a little bit in rent for, my gloves - which keep my fingers warm so that I don't lose them to frostbite, my piece of crap cell phone - which SOMETIMES keeps me connected to the outside world, a transit pass - with just enough money to get to work and back home tomorrow, and about 3 dollars in quarters - which are usually reserved for laundry, but in these desperate times have been used to purchase my coffee.

And that's it. I have nothing else. I think I've got something like $1.50 in one of my checking accounts, but that's only because I couldn't find anything worth buying that would have only run me the dollar plus tax and not pushed me into the dreaded "OVERDRAWN" column at the bank. You're looking at it all. It's sad.

But that all changes in a little over an hour when midnight rolls around and the direct deposit is made!

God, payday is so hot!

No comments: