Friday, December 08, 2006

Baby steps... (Updated)

"...Baby steps get on the elevator... Baby steps get on the elevator... Ah, I'm on the elevator. "

(Ten bonus points go out to those of you who got that reference. And for those of you who don't get it, you need to make a run to blockbuster and pick up this movie.)

Basically, the lizzle is trying to find the little things in life to smile about... And secretly hoping with every fiber of my being that the little things will snowball into bigger things, and well... Before you know it, I'm back on top of the heap.

So what little things have the lizzle smiling today? Well, for starters, I found my shoe.

Most of you are probably scratching your heads, or at least looking quizzically at your computer screens with furrowed brows. And that's ok. It's not like I posted flyers or anything like that...

But seriously, like six months ago I lost one of my FAVORITE shoes. And to be quite honest, one shoe isn't much good without the other, and if you don't believe me, just ask poor, sweet Nello. Any-who, I had pretty much given up all hope of ever seeing it again. And seeing as it is ass-bitingly cold here in the windy city, I went in search of my favorite gloves, the ones with the bunny fur lining. First, I looked for them in the pockets of all my jackets, and when the search turned up no results, I went looking in a little overnight bag that I keep in my closet, stuffed to the bursting point with my winter wear, (scarves, mittens, knit hats, etc.) and of course the gloves were in the very bottom of the bag. But as I was digging around in the bag looking for the gloves, ... lo and behold! Caught by the heel in a hunter green tangle of scarf, there it was, my missing shoe! (Mind you I have torn my closet apart several times in the interim looking for the thing, unaware that it had gotten caught in the tangle and put up on the shelf until winter weather was to reveal the spot where it chose to hide.)

So I've got my shoe. And I've got my gloves. And I've got an interview on Monday. It's just with another staffing company, so I am not getting my hopes too terribly high, but hey, at least it'll get me out of my apartment and you know... if something comes of it, I'll take it. Whatever... In the meantime, I have the distinguished title of "starving artist" because I am an artist, living on the bare minimum, waiting until something breaks... We'll just have to wait and see, but for the moment, I rather like holding the title. It's kind of a badge of honor.

That's the daily update. (I'm trying to make amends here.)

UPDATE: UHHH... I guess all I had to do was write about that big nasty wall for a sign of a trickle over the top of it. I say this because I now have 2, count them TWO interviews on Monday! What's a girl to do?!?!?

No comments: