Friday, December 01, 2006

One of those days...

I mean REALLY... It's just been one of those days.

First off, let me just say that lately the days have started running together. And not in a good way! I seriously thought today was Wednesday ALLLLL DAYYYYY. It wasn't until 9PM when I was channel surfing out of boredom and saw that ER was on that I realized that it was in fact Thursday. You think I'm kidding, but I'm totally serious. And that is incredibly sad.

My disorientation as to the day of the week is sadly not the result of any recent blow to the head, or any major medical disorder which would cause me to lose a whole day, but I will say in my own defense today would have been a total loss anyway. I mean, when I woke up it was rainy and gross out, with occasional soft thunder, which made it perfect "cuddle up and do nothing whatsoever" weather, and then all that winter warning mess started up and at this point in the day, I can say it is official, THE WINTER STORM IS HERE! And I'm telling you all right now, I have no doubt that it's going to get ugly in the wee hours, though by the time you're reading this, it will already be apparent that I am right about this. Seriously. Chicago doesn't close down stuff for ANYTHING... And they were already announcing school closings and cancelled flights out of O'Hare on the 10 o'clock news... This is unprecedented! (And bitches were predicting all fall that it was going to be a relatively "warm" winter!?!? BAH!)

In other news it was also just one of those days for my computer. I had him (yes, my computer is a boy. In case you are interested, his name is Huey,) resting comfortably on an ottoman, and well, let's just say he decided he decided to make a run for it. And when he decided to make the initial leap necessary for his grand getaway, he leapt down off the ottoman onto an empty red wine glass. The wine glass is no more. And as much as that is a tragedy because it only leaves me with two respectable red wine glasses, the bigger tragedy is that the glass was not the only thing that was broken in the process. The little metal brackets inside the bottom of the monitor that hold it upright at the appropriate angle also broke. (Personally I was infuriated, depressed, and at the same time bewildered as to the fact that a fall of approximately 16 inches could break the metal hinge thingies... I mean they are METAL, and it was only 16 inches!) I suppose it has something to do with metal fatigue and falling at just the right angle on a red wine glass, and the force of gravity, and the moon in Sagittarius or something... All I know is that now I have to lean the monitor back on something if I have a desire to type anything without having the whole setup lying prone at a 180 degree flat angle. It's ridiculous... Fortunately Huey is still under warranty. Unfortunately, my computer is my main connection to the outside world, and a large part of hunting down job leads, and so I can't take it in for the repairs until I find a job, or an alternate lifeline to the world outside of my little hovel.

Crap.

In other news, I finally finished knitting a scarf I started roughly a week ago. It is soft and pretty, and uber-fabulous. It is a cobalt blue and baby blue wide stripe-y number... and it is OBSCENELY LONG! (I know with typing that last phrase I'm going to generate a few misguided google hits, but still, it's true!) And when I tell you it is obscenely long, I mean it is REALLY obscenely long. It's over 12 feet. That is much longer than any scarf ever needs to be... but here's why; I was wanting it to be pretty long anyway, (I was shooting for like 8 feet,) but by the time I got to that point, my balls of yarn were small enough that I knew I wouldn't be able to use them for any other complete project, so I just kept going, and figured it would finish at about 10 feet, still pretty long, but not obscenely long... And I guess I miscalculated just how much I had left, because well... it tops 12 feet and I have to double it over to make it look even remotely normal... but it's pretty and stripey, and when doubled over its extra warm, so hey I'll run with it!

Crimeny.

Well, I guess that's it. Have your hot asses a great weekend!


(And stay sexy!)


(And yes, those are condoms, so you know what I mean when I tell you all to have your hot ass a great weekend!)

No comments: