Friday, December 22, 2006

Merry Christmas ... (Ok, once again... This time with a little enthusiasm.) Nothing? No? Eh... I tried.

Being excited about the holidays is just something I can't muster right now. I have done no shopping; I haven't done anything even remotely festive. I don't have a tree. There are no Christmas lights in my apartment. No garlands of tinsel, no ornaments, no cards to send out... Most people love to overdose on everything to do with the holidays... I am in a state of holiday starvation. I am totally empty of all spirit, and not even Christmas can bring me up a notch.

That said, I'm heading down to my dad's house for the holiday, and hopefully I will pick up a little something in the vein of spirit while I'm down there. Right now I'm not holding my breath. I love my family and all, but I loathe the idea of going down there and having to repeatedly explain the mess that is my life right now to everyone who I don't talk to every day. I mean I know they are asking out of concern for me and wanting to know what's going on, but I'm so sick of thinking about it that the idea of bringing everyone else up to speed just makes me nauseous.

If nothing else I'm hoping that the change in scenery will do me a little bit of good. Climbing the walls somewhere other than my little apartment might be a healthy change of pace...

I hope you all have a very merry Christmas. I will be gone for about a week... In all likelihood I'll get bored and be posting with some regularity while I'm down at my dad's too.

No comments: