Wednesday, February 01, 2012

How is that karma thing supposed to work?

So after the plumber left the other day, I figured I might as well go ahead and get the hardware on the windows in the breakfast room. While I was up on a chair, working on my pilot holes, I noticed a moth trying to get out.

Trying to be karmically proactive, I cupped one hand over him against the window pane, and used the other hand to unlock the window so I could let it out... Little did I know that during the extensive construction that has gone on at my house, someone manipulated that window so that if you unlatch it, the top half slams down to meet up with the bottom half, rather than hanging out up top, waiting for the bottom half to be lifted. Of course, seeing as I had my hand on the latch to unlock it, the top half of the window slammed down and crushed one of my precious digits... I'm pretty sure that If I hadn't been wearing a ring, I would have a seriously broken finger, because it is still pretty painful to move, and very swollen, and my ring was mangled.

And as I freed my hand from between the top and bottom halves of the window, I watched that little moth fly out into the beautiful sunny day... And then I cursed profusely.

1 comment:

bun(s) said...

The pain must be nothing compared to the feeling you have... You freed a soul! (only to have that moth die of hypothermia once the sun went down)

But nonetheless, your writing is fun to read the way you put mundane daily activities in type.

Thanks for keepin' it real