Monday, May 19, 2008

The dark place...

It should come as no shock to any of you loyal readers that I am currently not myself.

I am the Lizzle in the dark place. I'm swingin' for the fences to get back to the good stuff, but at the moment, the dark place is all I have. I have had rough patches before, and FAR rougher than this one, but the long and short of it is that I've got to change things up, or I'll seriously consider taking out a small business loan and set myself to the task of destroying my liver on a full time basis.

The dark place is an amusing little land where one is not restricted by the rules of friendliness and lovability. Rather, the dark place is dominated by hostility and the openness to be frank about the ugly and unpleasant reality of things. The dark place is the place for the residents of the world with hostile, confrontational personalities like that of Jack Nicholson in "As Good As It Gets" but without the OCD and the money. It's for people who have something genuine to be hostile about. It's a great place to be if I'm working on the "bitch school" curriculum! (And Brenda, if I could figure out how to make that a money-maker in the near future, I'd be all over it!) Basically I need to get laid, and I need to get the hell out of here, and if anyone wants to help me with either, I'm accepting offers on a rolling basis.

I've been looking for various avenues out of this crap hatchery, but so far nothing is panning out. And contrary to all good sense, I'm at the point where since I've got a bit of a safety net in the city where I plan to relocate, I am tempted to make the leap without something firmly in place to go to. Hell, I can work at Starbucks and have health insurance... Anything is better than this.

No comments: