Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bust...

So the Awesome post yielded no awesomeness. And that last post featured a video removed for copyright issues, so in short, the last two posts were total busts.

Sorry.

But buck up everybody! It's the most wonderful time of the year!

No, it's not Christmas... That's a wonderful time too, but I'm talking about something even greater!

It's the time of year where I dedicate time, energy, and attention to one fantastic end. I commit hours in advance to consulting by phone with my best friend so that we can mutually hem and haw over things that ultimately don't matter in the grand scheme of things. At this stage of things, let's face it... It is a quality diversion from all the horrible crap going on, you know, like the impending nuclear meltdown.

What is this wondrous event, you ask?


IT'S MARCH MADNESS!

I'll get back to you after I have taken in countless hours of NCAA hoops, sweating over the outcome of my predicted upsets, cheered for Cinderella teams, even though it will jack my bracket up, and essentially gorged myself on enough college basketball to hold me over until football picks up in the fall... You, know, if we all haven't perished in the looming nuclear holocaust.

In the meantime, I will be behaving like a raving lunatic, frothing at the mouth, and crumpling my bracket in frustration only to uncrumple it 16 seconds later to see if there is any mathematical chance I can salvage my dignity, sanity, or hopes of winning the family pool... I expect that you will either be engaging in the same foolery, or you'll be behaving like a normal person...

Of course, there is also the possibility that you will be quietly quivering in a corner, not far from a pile of your own excrement, praying that the nuclear-meltdown-generated zombies spare you in their quest for global domination... Or something.

6 comments:

bun(s) said...

Buckeyes will take the trophy this year. They've got everything: a guard that can distribute, a slasher to create, two+ guys that can stretch the defense, and a big that might have the best footwork in all of college hoops. Plus backups that would probably start on most other teams. Game, set, match...

Lizzle said...

You said it. Not me.

bun(s) said...

they look awful good so far...

Lizzle said...

For the record, I have no problem with your pick. I love me some Buckeyes.

I don't have them winning, but I wouldn't be upset in the least if they do go all the way!

bun(s) said...

so did you pick any of these double digits seeds to go all Sweet 16 on us?!?!
and let me guess, you have those devilish Blues holding the trophy?

Lizzle said...

GOD NO! I wouldn't root for Duke if they were playing Iraq!

I have the Buckeyes and the Jayhawks playing in the final game.