Sunday, April 22, 2012

I hate the new blogspot updates.

The other day I logged into the blogger website to compose a post. The website told me that they were instituting changes. They didn't really give me an option to say that I was ok with the old system, and that I didn't want the "upgrades." I should note that I haven't really used the new system much, at least not enough to know the ins and outs of what has been updated, but I do know that the dashboard that I have to navigate in order to compose a new post is now really cluttered with all kinds of crap I don't want or need.

I am not a fan of the clutter. I liked the old system and not because of any issues with change, but because they have just gone all hog wild with extra buttons and widgets and constantly pushing me to sell advertising on a blog that might get 3 user hits a day. I don't need all that crap, and there doesn't seem to be any way to opt out of it...

I was going to spend my writing time griping about being under deadline for a big work project and yet spending my weekend running errands that do nothing to further my progress on the project that I desperately needed to spend the bulk of my weekend focused on completing.

I would keep griping about this nonsense, but sleep and project work are both far more pressing at this point.

Keep it real.

1 comment:

bun(s) said...

waiting & keepin' it real...