Thursday, September 13, 2007

Diggin' it...

One of the few perks of my job is that depending on your case load, and the needs of your clients, you can pretty much set your own schedule. Yeah, there are times when you've got to go to court at 8 AM for them, or when there is no way to move a visit up so that you get home before 9 PM. But at the moment I've got a pretty sweet schedule which doesn't require me to see a client before noon on any given day of my work week. This allows me to sleep in pretty late most days... Sleeping in seldom lasts as long as I would like it to, because I am often very rudely awakened by calls from my office, or a case worker, or a foster parent, or somebody having some "crisis." (I use the term crisis loosely, because the vast majority of the time it's a call because they want to let me know that when I meet with them later they have something planned, and they just wanted me to know about it... Personally, I think it's good to have a plan, but unless it involves offing yourself before our regularly scheduled appointment, then it can wait the two hours until I see them.) But I have digressed from my original concept for this post.

As a result of being able to sleep in, I've gotten into the habit of watching the late shows on the one channel I get. (I still haven't gotten around to getting cable... and since I don't watch a lot of television, I'm not sure it's worth the expense.) But recently I've caught a couple of performances on those late night shows by a musical act known as "A Fine Frenzy." It falls pretty firmly into the "chick music" column, being that it is a mellow female voice over primarily piano driven music. I'm ok with that. But I heard this song, and just went, "Damn. I know that feeling... She nailed that one."



Just thought this one is worth sharing... I also recommend "Rangers."

No comments: