Friday, September 07, 2007

I gots me kollidge ejekashin...

Some of you may recall that post where I noted that I have been fighting with my alma mater over some fraudulent billing, and where I won, because I have a college education and apparently the people I was fighting with were quite obviously not too sharp. (Never underestimate stupid people in large groups, nor their abilities to frustrate you to the point of tears and night sweats.)

Well, tonight my mom decided to surprise me.

She came over and conferred upon me my college diploma.

Yeah, that's right, FINALLY got my college diploma more than two years after graduation. Sure, it's just a piece of paper, but dammit, since they own my first and second born children, it's a piece of paper that I really wanted to have in my possession. Now watch a fire rip through my apartment building and just ruin everything.

Some of you are thinking, "But why did they send it to your mom, and not you?"

They sent it to my mom because my mom is AWESOME, and she spent ridiculous amounts of time on the phone cajoling all the wrong people until they finally gave her the right one, and upon having that one right person pull up my information and having her see everything we've been through to this point, that ho was MORE than happy to not only send my diploma, but to put it in the fancy diploma case and to have it overnighted at the university's expense. (Kinda the least they can do at this point, really.) Basically my mom is a rockstar, because she saved me from wasting a large part of a day off arguing with those bitches myself... Which I'll have to do anyway when I go on my "you've single-handedly ruined my credit" rampage... That's coming up in the not too distant future.

In other news, one of my co-workers is supposed to be hosting a little get together this weekend. I will post pictures if it happens, (he's said he was hosting things in the past and canceled last minute before).

That's really all I've got. I've had a shitty week, and haven't wanted to drag you all into it... But Momma getting my really expensive piece of paper on my behalf was really stupendous, and it brightened things up quite a bit!

Here endeth the post.

No comments: