Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Sorry... Again.

Ok, so we all know that I suck lately anyway. I don't blog all that frequently, and when I do, I'm a total bore. Well, for the time being things are going to probably get a little worse.

You see, my curmudgeonly grandfather fell while walking home from church earlier this week, and broke his elbow. As a result, he's got a screw holding his arm together, and he's in a cast from shoulder to fingertip. My mother, (god bless her!) has been doing everything she can to this point just to keep him relatively contented and civil to the hospital staff. But he should be coming home tomorrow, and that means he's going to need more than a little extra supervision and assistance. Being the good daughter I am, I have offered my services during any period of time not occupied by a supervised visit or other appointment which impacts my paycheck. (I'd have offered more than that, but my paychecks have been ugly lately due to a couple of case closures and a whole lot of parental no-shows, so I need the hours and resulting dough to pay my rent.) I am also not volunteering my evening hours because they are spent petrifying my liver... Lord knows I am earning it lately.

In other news, ... Oh who am I kidding, I don't have any other news.

No comments: