Friday, August 08, 2008

There's a reason they name boats after women...

So in keeping with my overall run of luck in this life, my car decided to wait until after I was unemployed and relocated to a city where I don't know a reputable mechanic before breaking down. Awesome.

My car's name is Andy. His predecessor's name was Calvin. I name my cars after men for a few very specific reasons:

  • Nobody really NEEDS one, but they are nice to have around in a lot of situations.
  • They are great while they are reliable and make themselves useful, but as soon as they leave you in a lurch, they become nothing but a colossal headache.
  • They tend to be less reliable as time goes on.
  • The list goes on and on, but you get the overall idea of the comparison.
So other than that excitement, I've been looking for a job, going to fairs, playing with the Admiral's cat during the day, (don't be dirty... I'm not a lesbian,) and lately I've had the added excitement of constant olympic coverage.

I am sorry there's not more meat to this post, but the fact is that there's just not a whole lot going on right now, and I don't want to bore you with all the intricate details of my mundane days... This will change once I find work, I'm sure!

No comments: