Monday, September 08, 2008

Responding largely to Brenda...

To any of you fine folks out there who think I'm totally likable, the fact is that you are somewhat mistaken.

The fact is that I am only really likable about 85% of the time.

I'm not saying that I go out of my way to be mean. In point of fact, I often go out of my way to do what I can to be accommodating. This is especially true when I'm just getting to know people. And while the Admiral's sisters have known me, or at least known of me for roughly 6 years, they are still unfamiliar with the ins and outs of knowing me well. And the same is true for me knowing them well, aside from what I get secondhand via the admiral. However, unlike them, I am not socially retarded, so I know that I need to take careful steps in initiating interaction, and avoid offense whenever possible. Though from what you might have gathered, I am highly disinclined to continue being cordial for the sake of getting to know them before deciding to dislike them, largely because they don't seem to give a damn about offending me.

It's becoming much more of a chore than I am inclined to deal with, even for the sake of overall peace and harmony... In fact, while I'm sure that things will eventually blow over between the Admiral and her sisters, I rather enjoy getting to spend the extra time hanging out with her while they refuse to talk to each other, and well, I hardly see how reunifying them benefits any of us, when all they do is degrade her and make her feel bad about the choices that make her happy, and I operate under the premise that ever person has their own vices and virtues, and to each their own as far as things that make them happy... Of course, the social retardation of the sisters makes this mindset really unfeasible for them, and they continue being hostile... So that's not really an issue.

But what do I know? I'm only genuinely likable 85% of the time.

No comments: