Wednesday, June 18, 2008

To use one of Elaine's favorite words, HOLY FRIJOLES!

Skip this italic paragraph if you don't even want to think about something vaguely gross..

Ok, so... Turns out that my original calculations of my ongoing battle with Aunt Flo were inaccurate. We are now at day 25. Still no signs of stopping. I have got an appointment to get things checked out, but that won't happen until next Monday. I've tried getting in before that, and, well, it just ain't happening! If things haven't improved before then, I'll probably be a shriveled mass on my bathroom floor, because this constant fluid loss is taking it's toll on me. Seriously... There is absolutely NO REASON that this should be happening. It's totally uncalled for, and if I weren't so drained of all energy due to a chronic fatigue which set in around day 9, well, let's just say I'd be hell on wheels... Much more than usual.

Ok, now that that's behind us, let's move on to more pleasant things. The Admiral's visit went well, and we are both getting excited about my transition to Ohio... Yeah, you read that right, I'm actually excited to move to Ohio. I hope that's an indication of just how ridiculous things are here. We've already had a firing and two people quit without giving any kind of notice this week... That's just this week... We had something like 4 people quit and 2 get fired last week... It's an ongoing trend, and considering the whole company over the vast expanses of the state only employs something like 150 people, this turnover rate is obscene! One would think that the company would wise up and start treating their people better so that they could keep them a little longer, but apparently they are happy with killing our souls, and destroying their own reputation to the point where no one will ever want to work there. It's sad that I've been there for 18 months and I have a year's seniority over people who are considered senior staff members... I mean if you've been there 6 months you are considered a senior member of the staff? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I honestly don't even bother learning people's names until they've been there for 4 or 5 months, because so few stick around for any real length of time. But hey, it's not my company, and I'm leaving in a month, so what the hell do I care?

I'll have pictures up from the Admiral's visit and a few other events up in the not too distant future.

As the Admiral was a political science major in her undergraduate studies, I will now leave you with the BEST political rant that I've seen in a VERY LONG TIME.


No comments: