My Uncle Al died this past weekend, my computer died two days ago (Yes, my new one.) In the course of only a couple days, I lost a great member of my family, all my papers, files, music, video clips, etc... It would seem I just can't catch a break.
I'm adhering to the old adage "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." I personally prefer the addition to that adage which says "... and then track down the person who's life handed them potatoes, who learned to make vodka, and have a party."
I have dealt with the dual death situation by engaging in one of my favorite past-times, retail therapy. This makes me feel better until I see my bank statement at the end of the month.
No time to get into a whole lot of detail about a lot of stuff, but here are a few quick bites for you, and then the quotes.
- For some inexplicable reason, boys have collectively decided that they want me again. Marvelous.
- Jen Mendez SUCKS at returning phone calls.
- Melissa Craig sucks at making phone calls when asked.
- Jen Westfall SUCKS at returning phone calls.
- I will be doing a profile on Chicago (as requested by a regular reader) but it will be a while before I get around to it because of my working schedule.
- I have a midterm this evening, I don't own the book I should be studying from.
"I am a delicate flower!" ~Nate Adams.
Liz: "Why is it that I am all of a sudden appealing again? What am I doing now to make boys want me that I wasn't doing two months ago?"
Ciara: "Well, Lizzle, you're a tease!"
Liz: "Hi, I'm Liz, and I'm a tease."
Ciara: "Hi, I'm Ciara and I'm dirty!" (Her hands were covered in filth, and she was coming over for a rinse, but the quote was perfect!)