Monday, August 06, 2007

Active procrastination...

Once again I am putting off the task at hand.

My monthly reports and weekly paperwork are due in 10 hours. I've kinda started them... But instead of focusing on them, getting them done, and getting to bed, I am once again putting them off.

A part of me knows this is utter folly. I recognize the foolishness in continued procrastination. But then again... I love a good challenge. (And it's not really a challenge until you're really down to the wire, is it?)

But then again, I haven't been posting the way I used to. I'm down to like twice a week! That's shameful for someone who normally posts daily. And with that I'll note that I received a blog award that I have yet to mention, let alone pass on.

Christie
awarded me with the blog-schmooze award.

This award is for
"people that were exceptionally adept at creating relationships with other bloggers by making an effort to be part of a conversation, as opposed to a monologue. These bloggers have all worked hard to build a reputation for themselves by commenting on other blogs, participating in blogging communities, replying to comments left on their blog and overall just doing their part to interact with other bloggers."

I humbly accept it. I definitely flex my schmooze muscle as much as possible. Though I admit I've been slacking lately. My commenting on other blogs has dwindled, though my blog-reading has kept up. I've basically taken to lurking, even at some of my favorite blogs. I could come up with some lame excuse I suppose, but why bother? Excuses are like assholes, everybody's got one, and they usually just cover a bunch of shit. So I'm not going to bother. You are all to smart for that anyway.

Part of accepting the award means passing it on to 5 other worthy bloggers. So in no particular order, here goes!

Jay - If anyone is a schmoozer, it's Jay. He might not own it totally, but he's a total blog-whore! He's always around, leaving snarky remarks in odd places, and wholeheartedly expecting it right back. The fact that he is Christie's husband, and was therefore precluded from receiving the award from her has nothing to do with this selection, but the fact is that he is deserving and couldn't get it directly from her does certainly lend a little more merit to what was already an easy selection.

Debbie - She almost ALWAYS responds to comments. And I mean ALL comments. her dedication to responding to the readership is something I aspire to, and fall incredibly short of. She comments on other peoples blogs with remarkable regularity, as well as maintaining her own blogs and her dialogue with her commentators with an incredible fervor. (I'm always amazed that she has so much to say and that it never fails to entertain.)

Brenda - Brenda has very intimate and active conversations with her commentators. She is such a welcome member of the blogging community, and I'm quite sure I would have far fewer comments to read and enjoy without her contributions on virtually every subject in the study.

Sarah - Sarah is a member of my middle-east contingent. I always look forward to her comments because they come from outside the North American community to which I pander with such fervor. She always makes me feel like I have a bit more of a global appeal. She comments here, and on many other blogs which I read, and she never fails to respond to comments on her own blog.

Elaine - A relative newcomer here at the happy hour, (when compared with the other winners today,) but nonetheless, she always seems to make me feel a little more validated when she comments here. She writes with such exquisite imagery on her own blog that I feel like she would almost be lowering herself and wasting her time by coming over here to associate with my garbage. But I'm glad she does!

And with that, I suppose I better get back to work... Stupid paperwork.

No comments: