Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Consider it an investment...

After I finished working today, I went in search of entertainment.

... No. I did not go out looking for male strippers or prostitutes.

I went out to purchase movies. (Because I am a movie nerd.)

And in addition to a few bargain basement finds, I paid full retail price for the special edition DVD version of "300."

It should be noted that when it first came out, I paid full price for not one, but two viewings of 300 in the IMAX theater, as well as one viewing on a standard movie screen. (I should like to note at this point, that I'm not one to spend additional funds to re-view movies on the big-screen... I generally like to wait to view it in my own home.) In this case I was MORE THAN WILLING to make the exception.

I would also like to note that as a movie nerd, I am aware that there is a large contingent who opined that the movie lacked plot depth, or character development. That's all well and good, but to them I'd like to note that the movie was not based on historical fact, or novelistic script, but rather that it was founded solely on the premise of the Frank Miller graphic novel... (Also known as a comic book.)

And based on previous viewings, I determined that I was willing to spend the extra ten dollars for the bonus features.

I have no problem telling you that I have sat here, composing this post, watching the movie, and I am still as riveted as ever, often taking time out talk to my television set... Saying things like, "Fucking AWESOME." or "KICKASS!" or "GODDAMN THAT'S HOT!" And I'm not one to talk to my television set... EVER.

Basically, if you haven't already seen it, I'm telling you to go out and either rent or buy this one. Because in my humble opinion, you're not going to be disappointed. (ADDITONAL, GENDER-BIASED NOTE; Ladies, even if you're not buying it on it's cinematic merits, I'm telling you that on additional merits, such as 300 men being hot in leather bikini briefs, with rippling six-pack abs, it's worth whatever your local retail outlet is asking. GO TO IT!)

You won't be disappointed.

No comments: