Wednesday, August 22, 2007

As if I needed more ways to be less productive...

We all know that I am an EXPERT procrastinator.

That is not any secret.

So in search of new and different ways to kill time, I quite happily stumbled across the ULTIMATE time wasting haven.

"Where can I find this oasis of time-wasting glory?" You ask.

Well, I'm so very glad you did.

I suppose that before I should advertise this as the end-all, be-all of time wasters, there are a couple of requirements which will likely make it more or less appealing to you.

First off, are you a member of the Nintendo generation? And by that, I don't mean Nintendo 64 or anything that fancy... I'm talking throwback, 1985 Nintendo.

"Why, yes! YES! I AM a member of the Nintendo generation!"

Glorious!

Secondly, are you not opposed to downloading a little free computer program to your computer?

"Why no, no I'm not opposed to that at all!"

Excellent.

And third, are you prepared to spend countless hours recapturing your Nintendo glory days? Are you prepared to devote days to defeating the dastardly bosses who were the bane of your existence back in your Nintendo playing heyday?

OH YOU ARE?

Well, then I've got you sold on this bad boy!

(Let me tell you, it's worth it, if only for the fact that you can play Mike Tyson's Punch Out in full screen on your computer!)

Yeah, you saw King Hippo, and you were sold, weren't you!?!?

So, what must you do to recapture the gaming glory of your youth?

You go here. You create an account. You download the software. You play the games.

No fees, no nothing... I mean yeah, you can pay the $5.00 for the premium version, but really, who needs the premium account when you can play Contra, and Punch Out, and Mega Man, and Bubble Bobble, and TONS of other games you enjoyed as a kid. (Seriously, they had games that I couldn't find ANYWHERE else!)

And yeah, it might take you a little while to get used to playing on a keyboard as opposed to using those awesome little rectangular controllers, but one of the advantages is that you can configure the controls to your liking, and then play for as long as you like until you get your rhythm back... (Oh, and FYI, for all the games I tried, the cheat codes still work... And if you don't remember the codes, google them... They are out there!)

You're going to get in so much trouble!!

(Don't worry, I'm gonna be in trouble too!)

No comments: