Friday, January 19, 2007

Dr. Pepper Jones...

When you know that moving day is rapidly approaching, and you also know your bank balance is hovering ever so slightly above $0.32, you find ways to get creative with your food budget. In my specific case, I relied on the care packages my family had sent a while back. Being the practical family that they are, they sent practical things like boxes of instant oatmeal. And as things have been going lately, I thank my lucky stars that they sent the variety packs! Three meals a day of maple & brown sugar oatmeal is lovely and all, but it's nice to be able to mix it up with a little apple and cinnamon. (The peaches and cream variety just flat-out SUCKS... I'm considering suing for false advertising, as it is neither peachy nor is it creamy.)

And then it hits you! The Dr. Pepper Jones.

It's unstoppable.

And all of a sudden you don't care about going somewhere and paying for a 12 pack of Dr. Pepper using nickles and dimes. The jones is that strong.

And when you're boxing up your worldly posesssions, you really need to be able to indulge the Dr. Pepper jones.

As for an update on the big move, I have nailed down the moving date. I will pick up the truck next Wednesday, a few of my friends will be coming over Wednesday night to load things up, and the actual move will take place on Thursday morning.

No comments: