Thursday, January 11, 2007

An open letter to my friends...

Dear friends and readers,

If you're looking for me today I'll be here in my apartment, organizing my belongings into categories of stuff I can put in storage until such time as I have financially recovered enough to be able to use them in a new apartment of my own... And the stuff that will be coming with me because they are utter necessities. (And then I will figure out how to wrap breakables that would ordinarily go into boxes using clothing and such that will be stuffed into garbage bags unless I find a place near my apartment willing to give me boxes, or a way to get boxes to the apartment from places where I am pretty sure they'd have a few handy.)

In other news, I am slowly coming to terms with moving home. Basically, I just have to keep telling myself that while there are certain disadvantages to living in that particular place, (i.e.- Nobody knows how to drive... or at least they don't do it well, the shopping is mediocre at best, the bars are utterly wretched, and with the exception of those few wretched bars the town pretty much shuts down at 9 PM... 7PM on Sunday.) The upswing is that I'll be able to afford living there, the job market is much more amenable to someone who doesn't necessarily have 10 years of experience doing whatever, and unlike Chicago, it isn't so congested with qualified individuals that people are unwilling to give a fresh face a fair shot. I'll also be closer to my family who I admittedly have missed quite a lot, and the big city and all the friends I have in it are just a phone call and a road trip away! (And we get WGN in my hometown, so I'll still catch a lot of my Cubs games!)

As for drunken Cubbies weekend, version 3.0, we're going to have to work something out... FOR REAL, because there is no way that we can end that tradition!

I'm still not entirely happy with it, but I am doing my best to take an optimistic approach to a bad situation. I've finally gotten to the point where I can utter the words without bursting into tears... And that's a step.

So that's what's going on, and you know where to find me!

Be good children!

~ Lizzle

No comments: