Friday, April 29, 2005

The big toe is the captain of the toes...

Once again, the title here has nothing to do with the actual post... except to note that my big toe (damaged last weekend by one Melanie Deboer) is recovering nicely.

================================

Pretty typical day, classes, and work... you know the routine by now.

I was rather saddened to learn that a few of my close friends are considering leaving me. Jaimie, as we all know is headed off to Law School and snowboarding, J-Dub is contemplating a move to NYC, and well... I'm not going to out people who have not announced their plans to the masses just yet, but suffice it to say that there are others who plan on leaving.

WHAT A BUNCH OF BUNK!

It is not that I am worried about having friends... I make friends easily. It is just that I have gotten attached to THESE friends, and I will miss them terribly if they leave me. PLEASE KIDS, A LITTLE HELP HERE! STAY HERE! DRINK WITH ME!

================================

Just when I thought last week was my rough week, I took a look at the week looming directly ahead... with an 8 page paper and an early final for behavioral psych, 7-9 pages and a quiz over a play for drama, 4 pages for art history 1, 4 pages for art history 2, and a powerpoint presentation to get together for anthropology, lets just say that the ol' Lizzle cake has got her work cut out for her... I honestly don't know how this impending week snuck up on me, but it did. If I had seen this stuff coming, I'd have totally been working on some of this stuff this week... No, wait, that's a lie. I'd have almost certainly put it off... But seeing just how jam-packed this coming week will be, I will be a busy bee all weekend long... looks like I'm going to have to cancel plans for standard weekend drinking and debauchery so that I can focus my attentions on paper writing and similar academic activities.

I really can't wait until all this is done!

I know people say that college is supposed to be the best time of your life, and that might be true, but I am ready to graduate. I know people say, "NO, STAY! STAY AS LONG AS YOU CAN!" but the fact is, that it's expensive, I'm broke, and I am tired of coming home from having class and work all day, only to find that I have more reading and work to do so that I am ready for tomorrow... I am ready to own my free time. And once I get into the real world, I'm sure I'll come to the same conclusion as everyone else, which is why I already have plans to return to school in the not-TOO-distant future. (Also because I know I can't exactly do much with a bachelor of science degree... and no, that art minor probably won't be much help either.


(Speaking of the end of my college career, does anyone know of any available positions in Chicagoland where I can make a decent amount of money and not want to kill myself? Suggestions/recommendations welcomed.)

================================

Apparently my dear, sweet, sainted mother talks so much about my writing that she has intrigued her co-workers. I'd like to take this time to give a shout-out/welcome the new members to the readership, and apologize for the fact that there is not much entertainment in your initial foray.

================================

While I'm on the topic of shout-outs, I'd like to give a shoutout to the men's volleyball team, who I love, and I'd like to wish them all the luck in the world as they have a big MIVA tournament weekend in front of them! (WHEN they win this weekend, they will advance to the national final four!) Good luck gents!

I've got the MIVA FEEVA!

================================

While sitting in J-Dubs' office today, we noted that Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise are dating. Katie Holmes (26) is only a bit older than Dubs and myself, and seeing as Tom is 42, we decided to ask ourselves who we'd be interested in when it came to the over 40 crowd.

Several of our favorite candidates were excluded because they were in the 35-39 range, and the minimum limit was set at 40.

The final list included but was not limited to:

Johnny Depp (42)
Brad Pitt (42)
Sean Penn (45)
George Clooney (44) (preferrably from his late 30s when he was on ER)
Keanu Reeves (41) (On Dubs' list, not mine)
Harrison Ford (DQ, because we thought he was a better fit with our mothers than with us... despite his dating preferences)
Val Kilmer (46) (Though recent pictures have revealed that he looks like crap lately)
Rob Lowe (41)
Hugh Grant (45)

================================

QOTD

4.28.05 - "He looked good in GQ... I'm not kiddin! If I had a weiner, I totally woulda popped a boner right there in the 7-11!! Can you imagine having a wiener? I think I'd walk around with a near-constant boner, because I check out EVERYBODY!" ~J-Dubs talking about her imaginary anatomy.

4.29.05 -
Liz: "Leo, it smells like a McRib back here."
Leo: "Well, I did have chicken fingers with barbecue sauce, that's probably what you smell."
Liz: (looking at floor) "I might be smelling it because I think you spilled some here on your carpet..."
Leo: "Actually, no, I think that's chocolate from my candy bar last week... I spilled the barbecue sauce back a bit more in THIS area."

(It really is a wonder that the gym is not a more vile place than it presently is.)

No comments: