Sunday, April 24, 2005

Weekend recap.

Well this weekend was nice. (Aside from freezing my ass of at work on Friday, that is.) Other than that I spent a spectacular amount of time either drunk or in bed. THAT'S HOW I LIKE TO SEPND A WEEKEND AFTER A HELLISH WEEK OF WORK AND SCHOOL! Now that I really think about it, I really did spend quite a spectacular amount of time in bed... I guess a week's worth of sleep deprivation will do that though.

Other than that, I did laundry and baked cookies. (Yes, from scratch, because I am Susie Homemaker.)

================================

For those of you concerned about it, my toe is doing better... still a little tender, but making a nice recovery all things considered. (I still love you Mel! ...And by the way, that is a good picture of the two of us posted below! Of course, you always look cute.)

================================

Normally, I hate it when people use their blogs to post song lyrics, but today I was in a sad, slow, girly-music mood, and I gave one of my new-found favorite artists a listen, and I was struck by the lyrics... they are simple words telling a simple story, but it was just too awesome to ecape comment... I never got any feedback on my track of the day feature, where I merely recommended a song without posting any lyrics or anything, so instead of just posting title and artist, I'm recommending it by showing you the lyrics, and letting you decide for yourself...

Here are the complete lyrics to Keri Noble's "A piece of my heart"

Driving down the highway saying goodbye to it all
In between the blues and greens we're following the call
That takes us so far away from summer's sunny days
You know I'm missing you already and I can still see your face

Sitting underneath the stars with a cold beer and old friends
Talking 'til the sun comes up and then we'd do it again
Well you've become a part of me that I never want to lose
Until we come back together you know I'll be missing you

I can hear us laughing
I remember every part
I've got everything we ever did
It's tattooed on my heart
But there's a colder wind coming in
And blowing us apart
Until the summer brings us back,
You know you got a piece of my heart

Watching your taillights fading out of my sight
Feeling like the sun just lost a little bit of its light
But you've left your memories to linger, new memories to start
'Til the summer brings you back, you know you got a piece of my heart


And if you ask me, I think all of her songs are just as good if you're into slow, girly music. And if you decide you like her, then I've got other artists you've probably never heard of that I will be happy to recommend.

================================

Speaking of music, Nenny told me that she's going to teach me how to sing. In trade I will teach her about art. (She is already planning a field trip to the art institute.)

I am super excited about learning to sing! I played the french horn and the piano both for about 2 fat minutes, and now I don't play anything... I'm betting if I were to happen upon either instrument though, I could totally bust out an awesome rendition of "Jolly Old St. Nicholas" ...That shit always brings the house down!

I really admire people with musical talents. Hopefully I will be able to carry a tune without the aid of a bucket, and then I won't be ashamed of belting out a tune with my car windows rolled down.

================================

QOTD

4.24.05 - "It's not that I don't remember talking to you, and it's not that I don't remember what I said, it's that I don't think I was actually speaking English... and I'm pretty sure there was talk of raptors... Don't ask... I love dinosaurs. God, I've gotta stop drinking!" ~Kirsten (The day after call-back.)

4.25.05 - "Hey guys, I can't see anything." ~J-Dub while posing as the see no evil monkey in the picture below.

================================

I still have not found a boy to slow dance with... still taking applications.

================================

After Talking to Jaimie, I found that I actually need to explain the commenting system... Jaimie was apparently unaware that she was able to comment on the things she was reading, which leads me to believe that since commenting has been limited to a select few of you, despite my repeated pleas for comments, perhaps we need a brief tutorial. I am actually moving my comment section from above the post to below the post (just in case you were surprised by the sudden move), and I'm wanting to change it from "# Comments" to "# bitches had something to say" - I think this will be funnier, even if it doesn't generate more feedback, but I am having a little trouble with the coding to figure out how to change that, because it's not as simple as you might think... but anyway, all you do is click that little "comments/# Bitches had something to say" - (Whichever the case may be when you see this) and you type your comments in the little box that pops up... you can sign your comments, or remain anonymous, that's your choice. And then you click the little grey button that says publish.

That's all.

It's that simple.

================================

I love campy 80's tunes, but one song I have never liked is "Come on Eileen" by Dexy's Midnight Runners... I have never understood the appeal of this song. Just thought I'd mention that.

No comments: