Thursday, April 28, 2005

I once knew a man with a wooden leg named Smith...

If you're sharp, you caught the reference in the title and finished it with, "But what's the name of his other leg?"

================================

Today was boring. Nothing fun to report. Classes sucked, work was nothing special, home is quiet. Facebook-stalker-boy is all up in my business, prompting me to remove my phone number from assorted places where it was listed, so if you don't have my number, you're either going to have to IM me to get it, or call someone else who knows it. Sorry kids. (I'm not risking it at the moment!)

I've had a couple people encouraging me to see what this stalker boy is all about... Thanks, but no thanks people. Even now, I'm not that desperate.

================================

And now for a few ramblings...

This is not the Cubs year... unless they do some serious trading/improvement to the bullpen. I love them, and we all know I'm the last to speak ill of my boys, but I'm being a realist here.

=

The Goonies is one of the greatest movies of my childhood... And seriously, you know Sloth and Chunk are totally living together in some apartment in the city, eating pizza and BA-BY RUUUUTH.

=

Paris Hilton is a whore in every sense of the word... seriously, is there anything she won't sell herself out for? (And it's not as though she needs the money kids.) This is not a revelation in any sense of the word, I know, I just thought I should mention it.

=

Nowadays, when people ask me if I got my hair cut, I am very tempted to tell them, "No, I got really scared and they suddenly jumped backwards into my scalp out of fear."

=

I have been a dirty bastard lately... I've been making all kinds of lude jokes and innuendos, I don't know where they have all of a sudden come from, but they have multiplied to numbers previously unseen!

=

I'm not going to comment on the NFL draft because the few parts I deem comment-worthy only piss me off so much that I will fly into rages that will terrify you... You should shudder at the mere mention of the name Maurice Clarett.

=

I tried a new conditioner last night, and I don't like it, it didn't rinse out all the way, despite my intensive efforts at removal, and today my hair looks as though I have not washed it in a week and I am mangy.

=

Nenny mentioned on her blog that she wanted tulips, and today she got tulips... With that idea in mind:
  • Gosh, I sure would like a 16 inch string of pearls! (Keep your mind out of the gutter!)
  • Gosh, I sure wouldn't mind if someone handed me a winning lottery ticket worth millions of dollars.
  • Wow, I sure could use a massage!
  • Hmmm, I never got a massage at an Italian spa before...
  • I still want a boy to slow dance with.
  • I have begged for years to get a puppy...
Doubt any of that will work, but here's hoping!

=

I am preparing a rant on identity theft... though not the kind you normally hear about... (My close friends have heard this rant a few times over drinks.) I think I've distanced myself from certain factors sufficiently to be able to really get into this one... We shall see!

=

Britney Spears is a common, trailer trash trollop. (Like the prior statement about Paris Hilton, I know this comes as no shock, but I just thought I'd say it.)

=

Michael Jackson did not molest those kids! (He made love to them!)

...OK, fine I'll say it, he's a child molester!

=

I know that there are times when all of us get into self-pity mode... I am guilty of it as of late. I will admit to that... I will not stand for CONSTANT self-pity though... I am sick and tired of people who have the world at their fingertips saying "Woe is me, I've got it so rough!" You wanna see rough? I'll show you rough. Rough is living on a few dollars a week... not having one or both parents pulling down a 6 or 7 figure income, meanwhile subsidizing your lifestyle. Rough is walking miles and miles to find fresh water, not driving to class in your high end luxury car. I could go on, but why bother... I don't have it rough, and if you've got access to a computer, you don't have it rough either! Think about it. I promise you know at least one of these people too! We all do!

=

Mendez FINALLY joined the Facebook!

=

J-Dub, the comment section for each post/picture is at the bottom/end of the post/caption... not the top. I know it gets confusing to you since you are a train wreck, but I still love you. Just thought I'd mention it.

=

I really like the song "Jumpin' Jack Flash" by the Rolling Stones!

=

I think that's enough on the ramblings end of things for now... more to come.

================================

QOTD

4.27.05 - (This is a one paragraph excerpt from an e-mail Mel's grandmother sent her... it's a little slow at the start, but at the end, I think you'll understand!)

"I am asking if you can come to the Mother-Daughter Dinner on the 3rd of May-Tuesday at 6:30. Your mom said you would not be able to come but I thought I should at least issue the invitation. I am in charge of the food and we are having grilled pork chops, baked potatoes, Jell-O salad, applesauce, corn, buns, beverage and sherbet for dessert. Gail Renderman is speaking. She is in a wheelchair with some sort of disease. It should be interesting. She has a license plate on the wheelchair but I cannot think what it says." ~ Grandma (Shirley) DeBoer

No comments: