Tuesday, April 19, 2005

QUICK! EVERYONE TO THE CHIMNEY-CAM!!!

Yes, that's right, it's time to elect a new pope... You know what that means!!! Time to bust out the CHIMNEY CAM!!!

Seriously, I'm sure that news agencies all over the world are paying people to watch live feed of Chimney cams to wait for the first sign of smoke... Paid to watch for smoke to come out of a chimney? How do I get that job?

And can I get paid for my snappy new name for the cameras?
My suggestion: The VATI-CAM!

On a related note: Pat Schultz asked me what name I'd pick if I were elected pope... I don't see myself as being in the running, but it is an interesting question... I think this should be question of the day!

Pick your papal name and post it in the comments section, bitches!

================================

I have been lacking on the posts lately because school has been craving my attention lately... so I decided to give old LU a few days woth of attention so I wouldn't have to deal with more of this clingy, needy bullshit later on... Ol' LU has been a very good sport about my neglect of our relationship for almost 4 years now, so I figure a week here and there is not so bad...

Of course it helps that I pay LU a hefty sum to keep up it's side of this very tolerant relationship.

================================

Kate Endress, a girl I went to high school with, and was friends with, has signed as a free agent with the Connecticut Sun WNBA team. It's not every day I get to say that one of my friends joined the WNBA!

CONGRATS KATE!

================================

I finished my art history paper about the mummy case at 3:30 AM last night... and then I got up at 7:30 to make sure I would get to campus in time to print and make it to class on time.

It is fortunate that I did this, because the first three printers I tried were all busted or out of paper, or had some other ailment... what a bunch of bunk.

But anyway, after only getting 4 hours of sleep, I was a little tired all damn day... it was not a good scene. Couple that with the fact that it was 80 degrees, sunny, and gorgeous, and you understand just how hard it was to pay attention in BORING classes like those which populate my schedule.

I definitely skipped one of those GAWD-AWFUL classes to enjoy the glorious weather! (and in no way am I upset about that)

Anyway, I think my sleep deprivation made things seem a lot funnier than they really were this afternoon... I had that sleep-deprived, loopy high goin' on.

This might be why I so readily laughed at Erin when she called to tell me that she would be late to work because she had an appointment at the wellness center.

Now you're all curious, aren't you! "What's wrong with Erin?!" you find yourself asking.

Well, Erin has Pityriasis Rosea... or as I like to call it SCABIES.

It's a rash all over her stomach and chest, and it really does look like scabies! It's not though... but that sure as hell didn't stop me from laughing my ass off at the note (pictured below) explaining the rash, the symptoms, the diagnosis, etc. And it sure as hell didn't stop me from laughing my ass off and telling everyone who passed by that Erin had SCABIES!

================================

QOTD (I'm behind, I know...)

4.17.05 - "I just colored in the N and the O in Illinois... as in 'just say NO' ... Wow, this must've been a great state for Nancy Reagan!" ~Mel being a geek.

4.18.05 - "Liz, I have the weirdest medical history ever! I had head lice as a kid, I even had worms! I HAD WORMS! I was so chunky that I ate dirt and I got worms... I would poop and there were worms! It was awful! And now I have Pityriasis Rosea, which looks like scabies... I feel ill. Do I have a fever?" ~ Erin

4.19.05 - (with regard to Erin's rash)
Pat: "Well, it's not contagious, I'm not going to avoid you, I mean it's not like you're a leper.
Liz: "You're totally a leper! I'm gonna start calling you LEP!
Erin: "I'm not a leper! And I don't have scabies!!"
Liz: "Just admit it, Lep. You are dirty and you have scabies."
Erin: "LIZ!! Now the whole gym is gonna think I am infested with scabies! (To bystanders:) I shower every day HONEST!"

No comments: