Friday, April 22, 2005

Here it is, your moment of zen.

Actually this is not a moment of zen, it's just the post I promised you.

(If you're coming here for zen, you're living in a world more bizarre than mine, and perhaps you should consider getting your own blog so I can read about your days!)

So, yeah, I finished that bloody Van Gogh paper at 5:30 A.M. - which, in case you didn't already know, was way the hell later than I planned on working. I was 2/3 the way finished at midnight... how that last 1/3 took me five and a half hours is absolutely beyond me! (Has this taught me a lesson about procrastination? Of course not.)

So I slept briefly, (something on the order of 4 and a half hours,) got up, turned that bad boy in, came home, went back to sleep for about an hour, and then dragged my ass out to work at my flower slingin job for a few hours... and let me just tell you how bad that job sucks on cold rainy days. It ain't pretty.

I was stuck out there too late to make it to the men's volleyball game, but my boys know I love them... and it's not as though they are going to lose this round of the conference tourney anyway.

So I cleaned my room, and at present I am typing the promised entry for you fine folks before I get ready to go out and blow off all the steam I have built up over the course of this week. Ladies and gentlemen prepare yourselves, I get the distinct feeling that some drunk dialing is in order!

(I know what you're saying to yourselves at this point, "Liz, shut the hell up, nobody cares that you cleaned your shoebox of a room, GET ON WITH THE POST!" OK!)

================================

Jeez, someone is a crabby pants today... and a little impatient! Are you sure you're not the one who only got 4.5 hours of sleep?

================================

As I already told you, I was working on my paper last night, but I left out the fact that my friend Raul called from Cali.

Fortunately for me, Raul doesn't know about this webpage, so I'm going to take this time to rant a little about this phone call.

Now, the first thing Raul asks when he starts talking was "What are you doing?"
And I told him, "I am working on a paper that is due in the morning."

It should be noted that it is after midnight at this point, and he said something to indicate that he knew it was after midnight my time. The fact that I pointed out that my paper was due in the morning should have been indicative of something... I wanted this phone call to be brief. I did not get what I wanted. Instead I listened to him as he talked for over an hour. HE TALKED AND TALKED AND TALKED. And I am not kidding you when I tell you that, outside of a cattle auction, I didn't know people could pack so many words into such a short period of time.

I have one word for Raul. RITALIN.

The ritalin is my suggestion not only because of stream of words SPEWING out of his mouth, but also because trying to listen to him actually took an effort on my part... I had to struggle to keep up with where he was going with topics... and just when I felt like I had a grasp on what he was saying, he randomly leapt to a topic I had no idea was even in the most tangential way related. And the vast majority of these things were topics I really didn't have anything to say about... or as Nenny would say, "Shit you don't give a rat's pink ass about." Basically, I found myself thinking, "DAMN! This kid is going 80 miles a minute... he's either manic, or he's got conversational A.D.D. ...wait when the hell did we start talking about St. Bernards? Ok... umm, his brother is going to Turkey... Wait, he was molested by a goat? Am I hearing this right?"

And at the one hour mark when I couldn't handle any more of the nonsensical conversation I lucked out, and had to click over to for another call... I "accidentally" hung up on him, and then called him back and since I knew I had to get my paper done and he would continue talking my ear off, I told him that one of my friends had gotten dumped, and that I needed to talk to her for a while... If this makes me a bad person fine. At least it got me off the phone.

Here's the thing people, I am a talkative person. I enjoy having something to contribute to a conversation... they call it DIALOGUE for a reason. If I can't get a word in edgewise, and I am conversationally limited to one word contributions like "Uh-huh," and "Yeah," or "Wow," then odds are I am not feeling very engaged in the conversation and it's time to say "You seem busy, I'll call you back another time." If I don't stop you there, then you're right, it's time to go. But if I was trying to multi-task and ended up negelcting our conversation and I hear that sentence, and I really do want to talk to you, odds are that I will stop whatever I am doing in order to contribute more on my end.

That's how I feel about it. And that's all I've got to say about that.

================================

Krystian sent me this, it's a test of reaction time... you get to shoot sheep.

If anyone can get better than "Bobbing bobcat" let me know!

Thanks K.K. I heart you.

================================

There is a big difference between sexy and beautiful.

Some of my friends are sexy.

All of my friends are beautiful.

================================

Well, bitches, it's skin-o-clock... that means it's time for me to get drinkin!
I love you all and I'm sure we'll meet again!

No comments: