Thursday, May 12, 2005

Too excited to study...

Ok, so I'm too excited about being done with school to concentrate on studying for this last final... (Which isn't to imply that history would be a compelling topic for me to study if I weren't graduating, because it's not.)

So, this post is just my random thoughts and attempts at procrastination. (This post will seem strangely like the "Ramblings" posts you have all come to know and love.)

================================

So, I'm supposed to be studying history... I've never been able to get into the study of history. I've talked to some people who LOVE history, and they always tell me "It's like learning a really interesting story..." I am always countering that statement with the fact that we know how that story ends... what fun is it studying a story when you already know the ending?

================================

If you were alive and had access to a television in the 80's you undoubtedly remember the old Cheer detergent commercials from back in the day.

You remember these; the ones where a nerdy lookin guy in a white shirt would deliberately spill something on himself, then he'd take off his shirt, put it in water, pour some cheer over the top of that shit and stir it with a spoon or something. (I think there was also one where he put a soiled hanky in a martini shaker...)

You know that shit didn't come out from just a quick little stir. What a pack of lies!

I wonder what ever happened to that guy. You know he didn't bust into any oscar-winning roles by stirring a shirt in a bowl of water!

================================

I went shopping today. I got several canvasses and a top to go with my skirt for graduation. I have two words for my graduation outfit: HUBBA HUBBA.

(Please note: That is a classy HUBBA HUBBA and not a slutty HUBBA HUBBA)

================================

Now that I think about it, I really do have a manly kind of brain... Seriously, how many other girls do you know who have ESPN BottomLine installed on their computer so they don't miss the scores while they are browsing other sites?

================================

FYI - Cherry Kool-Aid & white sheets = Bad combination.

================================

For those of you who didn't see me in person today, since my days as a college student are VERY numbered, I was totally rockin' college student garb today! I was in tennies, jeans, a tie-dye shirt that says "We came, We slept, We graduated." on the back, a fleece, and I topped it off with my stupid brown hat.

=

Speaking of the crap I was sporting today, the stupid brown hat has got quite a nice little fan base. People really like the stupid brown hat. (And no, Shay, it's not thuggish.)

And the stupid brown hat inexplicably smells really good... But I don't know what it smells like because it's not the scent of my shampoo or my perfume. Weird.

=

The jeans I wore today were my skinny jeans... Alana said I was looking skinny, but the fact is that I just had things expertly covered up, because to be honest I had no business in my skinny jeans.

=

While we're on the topic of things I've worn lately, I'd like to note that I have not worn makeup in over a week now. (Damn near two weeks to be honest.) And I am amazed that more people have not died of shock at the sight of me... It ain't a pretty picture kiddies!

================================

Slowly but surely I'm finding that I have readers who don't know me personally. Some of them keep coming back! That's so cool!

================================

I sold my books back today. I sold back 9 plays, a book that didn't belong to me, and 3 anthropology texts... wanna know how much I got back on the books that I spent $250 on at the beginning of the semester? (I bought other books to bring the total to just under $400 for the semester, but I plan on keeping a couple of them.) So anyway, guess how much I got!!! Guess!

That's right! I got $25.00

Yeah, that's right, apparently by not reading them I de-valued my books to one tenth of what I paid for them. That's enough to buy me lunch, and a case of decent beer.

And people wonder why I am bitter...

================================

I have a "friend" who has up the following away message: "Goodbye BMW"

If that bitch is even looking for some kind of sympathy with that message she ain't gettin it... especially when you consider she didn't pay for the BMW in the first place.

================================

If you have never heard it, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you give a listen to the song "Common People" by none other than WILLIAM SHATNER.

HIGH COMEDY... and a catchy beat.

================================

I heard a song off the new Dave Matthews album today... Dave might wanna consider scaling back the drinking and pot smoking if he plans on maintaining a career... his voice sounded REALLY BAD. (And when your voice sounds bad on a studio album, you know things ain't good... Remember, even Ashlee Simpson can sound decent on a studio album.)

================================

I definitely have a bottle of crappy champagne in the fridge awaiting my arrival home tomorrow after my final... Despite the fact that it might be the cheapest champagne ever, I don't think any champagne will ever taste as good as that champagne will taste tomorrow!

(Yes I am aware that real champagne only comes from Champagne France, and so the crappy stuff I have is actually a sparkling wine, but if you're going to point that out, then I'm just going to call you a dick for making fun of my college-induced poverty.)

================================

No comments: