Monday, April 16, 2007

Another move...

Well, for those of you who don't already know, my mom finally got a good offer on her house.

Since this is where I'm currently residing, this means I will have to move AGAIN.

And so, after getting an oil change and getting my brakes checked during the tire rotation, I went apartment hunting.

I've found a few reasonable options, and I'm really hoping to be done with all of my moving nonsense for a good long while within the next month. (I'm not looking forward to moving YET AGAIN, but since this will be the last time for the foreseeable future, I'm looking forward to being done with it.)

While speaking with the leasing agent at the best prospect, we engaged in the following conversation with another leasing agent in the complex...

Leasing agent 1: When were you hoping to move in?

Liz: May 15th, or a couple days before.

Leasing agent 2: Oh... I don't know that we'll have anything ready until the 18th. Do you HAVE to move on the 15th?

Liz: Well they want possession at closing, and they plan to close on the 15th.

Leasing agent 1: What can we do?

Leasing agent 2: Well, we could let her live in the model for a few days until her apartment is ready. We're not going to let her be homeless.

Liz: Well, I appreciate that you're trying to accommodate me and all, but I personally think it would kind of suck to move all of my crap into one apartment, only to have to move it to another apartment 20 yards away three days later... You guys going to help me move?

Leasing agent 2: Uhh... Well, no. I don't guess that would be too much fun would it?

Leasing agent 1: I guess we'll have to have that apartment ready by the 11th.

Leasing agent 2: Hmm... well, I don't know what we're going to do! We'll figure something out.

Knowing my luck, I can only imagine the debacle that will ensue... Have no fear, it will undoubtedly be chronicled for you to read and enjoy.

============================

In other news, my cousin who is a student at Virginia Tech was not harmed in the latest round of nonsensical violence. I spoke with him at about 11 AM, and he said that he was not on campus at the time of the incident. I am glad that he is safe, and my heart goes out to those who were not so lucky.

============================

And in one last unrelated news blip, I have signed up to play softball for my company's team. We plan to be in the same league as the team from the department of child services, so I can only imagine the inappropriate jokes which will ensue... And so that about wraps it up for the Lizzle. (Boring, I know.)

Oh, and for those of you who don't already know here's a quick recap of my most loyal readers, Marcia can't sleep, Debbie finally got properly laid, Holly is excited about adopting, and Kelly is still miserable and continues to fall apart. (In summation, that sucks, that's awesome, that's spectacular, and I really wish there was something I could do to help!)

No comments: