Wednesday, April 04, 2007

An open letter...

To my job:

Dear Job,

I like you a lot. To be honest, I think it borders on love. You have introduced me to a myriad of fabulous people, and provide me with countless pages of material for my eventual memoir... But since we're on the subject of "countless pages" I would like to issue a formal complaint.

I spend entirely too much of my time doing paperwork for you. I document my hours every day. I document my days every week, and now you expect me to do a monthly report too? I give and I give and I give... I try to be understanding to your needs, but seriously, after documenting everything all week long, isn't there enough material for someone else to read and get the gist of what's going on? Why must you make me do monthlies? They make my eyes bleed! They make me want to hurt people. They do not make me feel good inside. They make me a very grumpy and unlikable person.

I know that in relationships you should not want to force a change in the other party. I know this is something that's important to you, and I know I can't change this about you. I am accepting of this fact. But I want you to know that I'm not happy with it. I want you to know that this part of you makes me angry, frustrated, and upset. I feel it's only fair to advise you of this considering how close we've grown in this short time together.

I hope you're not mad at me. I just want us to be honest with each other.

I'll see you tomorrow!

Love,

Lizzle

1 comment:

Maximilian said...

Wow, there is a lot of effective info in this post!
Acne Treatment