Monday, April 09, 2007

Something a little different...

I saw someone else do this a long time ago... I made a mental note to try it out sometime.

The idea is that you write little snippets of whatever length to whomever you wish, but you don't assign names to any of it... People can try and figure out if they are among the snippets, but I like the anonymity aspect.

  • I don't know why you won't talk to me anymore... But I still want my books back, I loaned you some of my favorites, and I don't want to have to buy new copies. I want the copies that I made notes in.
  • I knew long before I ever let on. It's ok. I'd have kept your secret forever.
  • I was shocked when you told me that you were hurting yourself on purpose. I never told anyone, but only because I talked you into getting some help. If talking to you hadn't done any good, I would have spilled the beans, because I love you too much.
  • I was PISSED when you didn't ask me to be in your wedding but still expected me to help... In fact, I'm pissed that you only ever call me when you want something. I don't think you've figured out that that's why I don't answer your phone calls. I often wonder how long it will take you to figure it out.
  • Thank you for being there. There were days when just having a coffee and a chat with you was enough to sustain me for a little while longer. Your time and your candor meant more than you possibly imagine.
  • Drinking 40s with you on the porch was ghetto, but I knew it was one of your "goals in life." I was more than happy to do my part to make that dream come true.
  • Yeah, I used your toothbrush to scrub the toilet bowl and didn't tell you. You deserved it.
  • I told you that the nightmares had stopped long ago. They haven't.
  • I might not be a licensed clinical psychiatrist, but I KNOW that you need some serious mental help. And I also know that you are totally in denial about why people don't want to be around you... Here's a hint: YOU'RE FUCKED IN THE HEAD!
  • I don't think you love them. I think you do it for the money and the control.
  • You make a purring noise when you talk sometimes... It's not cute. It makes me want to punch you in the face.
  • You used to call me and bitch about your life for hours. That's fine and all... but you never let me get a word in edgewise. Here's a tip: It's called DIALOGUE because there are supposed to be two people talking. That's probably why I felt totally ok with sitting the phone down for a while so that I could go and take a dump. I'd come back like 10-15 minutes later and you were still babbling. You never missed a beat.
  • I know that there are things you don't like about me. I revel in those aspects of myself just to spite you.
  • I'm so glad to know that you are happy... Even if I can't share it with you.
  • I hope that before you die you realize what you've done to the people who loved you... And I hope you realize that they all continued to love you in spite of your shortcomings as a person.
  • I think you lied about all of it. And until I see some form of medical proof, I won't believe any of it.
  • You have the face of a rodent. I always wanted to tell you, but I think you already knew. I hope your offspring is more fortunate than you.
  • I knew it wouldn't last. But I didn't say a word because I already knew that you wouldn't have listened.
  • He looked back one more time. You didn't see it, but I did.
  • You have no taste. Stop deluding yourself.
  • It really was the best vacation ever. I'm glad you were there.
  • You could have done so much better... Why you wasted so much time with that one, I'll never know.
  • I'm jealous of everything you have. But I don't begrudge you anything!
  • It didn't go down quite the way I told you.
  • I never understood why you did the things you did. I hope you realize now just how much you hurt everyone who loved you. We are still waiting for an apology. I don't think that it will ever come.
  • We all knew then. We all know now. Stop lying about it. It's gotten ridiculous.
  • I liked listening to you sing... I just wished you would have picked a different song every once in a while.
  • Your shoes were ugly. I know you loved them, but you looked like a fool.
  • I resent you for underestimating my intelligence. I find it insulting that you think just because you're older, you're wiser. You're not... I don't know much, but I do know that.
  • Yeah, he made a pass at me. I was 14. It was creepy and gross then, and it's creepy and gross now.
  • I know you've given up hope, but I still hope that you will find happiness. All is not lost.
  • What did I know? I was 10. I'm glad you forgave me!
  • I'm sorry I rejected you. If I could take it back, I would. I should have danced with you all night.
  • I'm glad we are talking again. I only wish we could get back those lost months.
  • I love you more than you will ever know. I've tried to tell you, but I don't think you really get it.
  • It makes a difference to me. I want to see you succeed. I want to cheer for you.
  • Oh, that movie sucked. The acting was horrible, and just about aspect of it was cliche, but you loved it, so I faked that enthusiasm.
  • I wish you would call more.
  • I wish you would call more, too.
  • I wish you would STOP calling me.
  • I only hope that someday the rest of the world will see you the way that I see you.
  • You are a stronger person than I could ever aspire to be. You deserve so much more credit for everything you do.
  • I lied. I do still have your sweatshirt. I love it, I wear it frequently, and you're never going to get it back. EVER.
  • I am still your friend, and I try hard not to, but sometimes I do judge you because I think he deserves better.
  • If you throw enough popcorn, you're bound to get one in sooner or later.
I think that about does it for this session.

No comments: