Monday, April 09, 2007

The snippet post, (take 2)

Despite the fact that the response to the last snippet post was somewhat less than overwhelming, but I really enjoyed writing it... So much so, that I think I'll do another one.

In case you are not familiar with the snippet concept, here's a recap, cut-and-pasted directly from yesterday's post: "The idea is that you write little snippets of whatever length to whomever you wish, but you don't assign names to any of it... People can try and figure out if they are among the snippets, but I like the anonymity aspect."

Round 2 of the snippets... HERE WE GO!
  • There were things said and done between us that might have seemed regrettable to some, but I wouldn't take any of that back. My only regret is not saying or doing more.
  • I find you a little bit creepy. And you're not NEARLY as funny as you think you are.
  • You, on the other hand, are hilarious. And based on your level of self-deprecation, I don't think you even really know how funny you are.
  • I was not shocked by your "coming out." I was shocked at the lengths you went to conceal the truth from everyone... Even those of us who you said you didn't fear judgement from. I love you just the same.
  • I miss the old you. The one who was unafraid to publicly roll on the ground with laughter. The one who would run through the halls screaming just for fun. The one who would happily frolic in a fountain without any concern for consequences. Where did she go?
  • You aren't better than me. You think you're smarter, but you lack the common sense. You think can handle yourself, but you were an embarrassment more often than not. And you are not nearly as tough as you would like to think. I don't think I'm better than you, but I do think you need to get off that fucking high horse.
  • I'll admit to being an insensitive asshole, if you admit to being overly reactionary.
  • I'd have done a lot more, and enjoyed it, but you dragged me away. I resented that for a long time... Now I'm actually thankful.
  • I hope someday you actually find the happiness you profess. But if you ask me, that can't possibly happen until you're honest with yourself.
  • I think you still look at me as the one that got away. I used to see you that way too...
  • I will always be indebted to you for giving me a chance. I hope I didn't let you down.
  • I miss our conversations.
  • I think you both always knew you were just spinning your wheels... But neither one of you wanted to be alone.
  • Even if you did have a girlfriend, and it wouldn't have done any good, I regret not telling you that I had a crush on you.
  • I think you told lies about me, because you were afraid that if you didn't say something everyone would have recognized you for the bore you really are.
  • It's not nearly as exciting as you think.
  • I watched her put bugs in your hair in the 5th grade. I'm sorry I didn't say anything.
  • Your coffee cup was never as clean as you thought it was.
  • I laughed. I shouldn't have, but I did.
  • I still feel like you chose the easy way out... And I hope it haunts you.
  • Your dress looked like it belonged on a tranny hooker... But you loved it, and you felt beautiful in it... It showed.
  • You told me not to go. I told you I didn't. I lied. I went, and had an AWESOME guilt-free time!
  • I wasn't sorry for being honest.
  • I think you should be ashamed of yourself. Your manipulations did not go unnoticed.
  • I know why you didn't, but I'm telling you, you should have come to the beach.
  • It's liberating. You should try it.
  • There is not always room for Jello.
  • Once. In eighth grade. And never again.
  • I couldn't do that because I didn't want to be the reason that someone else got hurt.
  • I still kind of regret not REALLY telling you off.
  • You were admirable because you acted with such reckless abandon. And I hoped to one day be so free. Thanks for making me see that in myself.

I think that's all for round two.

No comments: