Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The return of the wonk...

I've had that wonky feeling again today.

I think it has something to do with the fact that my schedule is once again in utter turmoil.

I've tried picking up coverage, but today I hardly had anything on my schedule. I slept until noon, felt lazy and wonky until 4:30, then got down to business and worked until 8.

I can already tell you that my paycheck is going to SUUUUUCK next Friday. I know this because I have been billing upwards of 45 hours a week, and last week I billed 33, and this week isn't looking a whole lot better. And that BLOWS.

I have gotten so desperate that I picked up a parent aide case and had the following conversation:

Barbie: "Here's the paperwork on that parent aide case we discussed. It's a little outdated, but I'll get the new information and put it in your mailbox."

Liz: "Oh, lovely... It says on this one that 'Personal hygiene' is one of the things that we need to work on."

Barbie: "Well, like I said, that one is old. It's possible that that issue has since been resolved."

Kellie: "Actually, no... I met her a few weeks ago... It's still a problem."

Liz: (dripping with sarcasm) "Well super!"

This gives me pause, and causes me to wonder, just exactly HOW BAD is your personal hygiene when it gets noted as a problem that needs to be remedied on a referral from the department of family and child services. The answer is something too foul to ponder... And I'm going to have to work with this woman on a regular basis on (among other things,) basic hygiene. LOVELY.

This also causes me to wonder, just how exactly do I approach this woman and say, "Uhh, so exactly when was the last time you showered?"

"Ok, and when was the last time you showered and USED SOAP?"

Is there a tactful way to do that? I mean do I just flat out say, "Hey, in the paperwork I got, it said that your personal hygiene fails to meet minimum standards... So whaddya say we do something on a regular basis to fix that?"

Is there a tactful way of going about this?

Your thoughts?

No comments: