Thursday, February 03, 2005

Hey there again kids! Groundhog day treats were a rousing success around the gym today. If you did not get a piece of peanutbutter fudge, and you wanted some, please see Ciara Henderson or Pat Schultz. They each had 5 pieces... I'm only guessing here, but I think they liked it.

================================

As for the comments (all in person, as it would seem nobody decided to say anything in the comments section) I've gotten regarding the toothbrush incident, here is my public response;
  1. As I said before, I am still not sorry I did it.
  2. SHE WAS A HORRIBLE PERSON! (I can refer you to her former roommate if you are seeking proof beyond my word.) Note: I am, in fact, sure that she IS STILL a horrible person, but the fact that I was never what you'd call "Friends" with her kind of led me to lose touch since then, so I can only speak to past misdeeds.
  3. For the record, I did not personally live with her (i.e. she was not my roommate). We lived in the same suite in Simpson, (so I did still have to regularly tolerate her and her foulness). This means we were next door neighbors, and we shared a bathroom.
  4. There was a witness in the room when I did this to the toothbrush, so I technically had a willing accomplice. She started out as a lookout, and then took a more active observational role. The social-psychological rules of diminished culpability apply.
  5. The girl who I did this to did have highly questionable hygiene habits. (Including, but not limited to showering only once a month at times. I wish this were an exaggeration, but alas it is not.) That said, this girl also didn't use her toothbrush very often. I don't know if that makes you feel any better about the whole thing.
  6. Another reason that I am a horrible person (also pertaining to this same girl) requires that you be aware of the fact that she was Jewish. (I have nothing against Jewish folks! I have several Jewish friends and I don't do this kind of thing to them, nor anything that I've ever heard them say was insensitive to our difference of religion.) Anyway, while in her first semester of attending a Catholic institution she loudly and repeately announced her disdain for all-things-Christmas. Being the asshole that I am, I used this knowledge to my advantage and to her irritation by leaving my dorm room door open and blaring Christmas music for all to hear. (Even in April... Yeah, I'm a jerk.)
================================

Leo and I are in the process of becoming the new "They" ... As in "They say that Elvis was spotted getting a footlong hotdog while having his oil changed at a service station up in Niles." or "They say that San Diego is Latin for 'a whale vagina'"

In the future, any time you hear anyone say "Well, you know, THEY say... " please check with either myself Elizabeth [last name redacted], or Mr. Leo R. Krause and check the facts. It seems that previous "THEYs" are trying to put a lot of their crap on us. We're not having it.

As for becoming a part of the THEY, please feel free to contact me and I'll see what we, the THEY, can do for you.

================================

QOTD
2.3.05 - Leo (aka Turkey Lurkey) were discussing the toothbrush entry)
Leo: "You say this girl was worse than you could ever even hope to be? That's incredible!"
Liz: "It's true. She was an affront to my 15% decency... she was a horrible human being"
Leo: "No, I mean you're pretty imaginative, it's gotta be really tough to top you."

No comments: