Monday, February 21, 2005

I have a great deal to say today, so let's just dive right in, shall we? (This will be done in a bulleted points format to make things more easily distinguishable and separate for the readership)

==============================

  • I realize that Chicago is a large city, and that there are many MANY video rental facilities in the greater Chicagoland area, but when 80+ students are trying to get a hold of the same movie so that they can write a paper on it in the next week or so, that movie becomes a bit of a hot comodity. Apparently my anthropology professor doesn't understand this. (We've already covered that she is a total and complete idiot... but it bears repeating.)
  • If art history has taught me nothing else, I can safely say that I have learned how figures inhabit a space... this is useful knowledge. Knowledge that I can also say that I am blessed with is, I know how to MOVE through space. I have also learned that the VAST MAJORITY of people do not have knowledge of how to move through space. This includes, but is not limited to:
  1. Walking
  2. Driving
  3. Getting on and off of any form of public transit (despite any crowding or complete lack thereof)
  4. Picking up your feet when you walk
  5. Not blocking traffic where others are walking and you have mysteriously decided to stop
  6. Not stepping into the path of people who are walking or other moving objects
  7. Walking significanly faster or slower than a massive traffic of people can obviously allow
  8. Blocking the entrance and/or exit of escalators
  9. Stalling on down-escalators when it is obvious that the person behind you is in a hurry (C'mon, gravity is working with you on this one.)
  10. Walking all the way to the back of the elevator, instead of standing at the front and forcing all other passengers to navigate around you.
  • Apparently my nose "FLAPS" when I laugh really hard... I would describe this action as a nostril flare but I am apparently wrong, as Erin Jacobs has informed me that it in fact, FLAPS. (*There is no extraneous noise which accompanies said flapping, unless you're counting the laughter of others.)
  • I am in fact aware that I have not addressed any of the topics which I said I would around Christmas time, i.e. - me turning into my mother, this is a problem I hope to remedy when my computer is feeling better.
  • The THEY have not had a meeting of the minds in a little while, we hope to remedy this shortly, and get back to you with any and all updates, in the meantime, we are hoping for a clever acronym to accompany the title "The THEY" - T.H.E.Y. - You might be allowed into The THEY if you are successful in coming up with a workable acronym.
  • I have come to the conclusion that it is time for me to go on a diet. I realized that this year's "winter-weight-gain" has caused me to get to know my "Fatty-jeans" on a way to frequent and all-too-uncomfortable basis, and it is time to get serious about this shit! (Ladies, I know you're hearin' me!)
A specific and repeated message to David C. Hurley,

  • In case you have not noticed that the phone messages have turned sour, this can only mean one thing. I am presently VERY upset.
  • "Why are you upset, Liz?" you feel the need to ask... this would not only make you a dumbass, it would also mean that you are oblivious and have likely been comatose for a period of 3 months. The fact of the matter is that I have no plausible reason why I wouldn't hear from you for 3 months other than the possibilty that you are in fact comatose or dead, (in which case I would think that someone would have the presence of mind to cancel your phone service, and/or at least have the decency to call me and let me know of your untimely demise) or the alternative; that you are entirely too pussy-whipped on your girl. If it is in fact the latter, I am shocked, because you always described her as "so cool." (There were in fact times that I found myself liking her during the occasional story, in times when I did hear from my friend Dave) If this is the case, and if she does not allow you to talk to and/or have other contact with females who you were friends with (and have not ever, nor will ever date in all likelihood) for a matter of several YEARS before she ever came along, then she is, in point of fact, NOT SO COOL. I would be shocked, insulted, and personally offended if you were dating a girl with such low self esteem as to impose such restrictions on a person who she loves... because that is horse shit. But since I have no other explaination, and little other recourse, I can only hope that you are not in fact deceased, in a coma, or married to this vile beast, and that this reaches you. I only call and write because I care.
  • (*If Dave's girlfriend happens to read this and she is not the vile beast I have been led to believe that she is over the last three months, then I apologize... and that means that you are either dating a corpse, a vegetable, or a serious asshole. In which case, please feel free to call me. 773-750-2903 - I get the feeling that one way or another we're going to need a chat.)
================================

QOTD
(with regard to J-Dub's quote of 2.19.05, it should be noted that while at work today, I made a special effort to take notice of the "Bubble butt" belonging to one Mr. Patrick Baldwin, and the following quote occurred later in the day)
2.20.05 - "Can I get a towel?" [gets a towel] "Hmm, can I get a bigger towel? Have you seen me lately?" ~Patrick Baldwin (I swear to you, these things happened on the SAME DAY!)

2.21.05/2.22.05 -
Kasia: "I was sitting over there until they started telling dead baby jokes..."
Krystian: "What's the difference between 1000 volvos and 1000 dead babies? ... I don't have 1000 volvos in my garage!"
Mike K: "What's the difference between 1000 bowling balls, and 1000 dead babies? ...I can't move 1000 bowling balls with a pitchfork!"

No comments: