Tuesday, February 01, 2005

For the first time ever, my job has made me want to do myself serious bodily harm. I make minimum wage at this job, there's no reason that work should follow me home! Yes, that's right, my laundry work has found its way into my homelife. This evening I was actually doing other things, and I got a message on my computer regarding an athlete's laundry. He was very concerned that he had placed a personal towel in the laundry and wanted me to keep an eye out for it. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? This guy had to contact me at home for this??? This couldn't wait until I worked tomorrow afternoon? This couldn't be handled by anyone else when he happened to be in the gym next? FOR REAL??? So, for future reference, I do not care enough about anyone's laundry other than my own... and I don't even care about my laundry to contact someone at home about it. I don't even call my dry cleaner at home, and those are the best parts of my wardrobe!

================================

I should probably take this opportunity to say that while I do know that some of my friends (though certainly not all,) and other people in the athletic department do read the blog. I don't know who exactly, but I think it's a fairly safe assumption that the people who mention my nonsense from these entries in my presence are occasional-to-daily readers, and I make no assumptions about anyone else. Based on this info, I generally censor information to protect people's feelings, etc. But this I gotta say! (I'll leave the name out to protect his anonymity, but if the boy reads this, I'm sorry.)

So here it is. A boy told me tonight that he loves me. This is not a boy I love. This is not a boy I currently, or ever had a crush on. This is a boy I regard as a friend. Not even necessarily a close friend. In point of fact, I don't think he knows enough about me to say that he loves me. I have dated people for significant periods of time without saying, "I Love you." I have never gone on a date with this boy, nor really seen him out socially. I guess this technically makes him an acquaintance... I really hope he wasn't serious, but I put nothing past anyone anymore. He seemed fairly serious until I rebuffed the statement. Honestly I did feel bad about saying no, he didn't really love me, but the fact is that he is a nice guy who I am not interested in beyond friendship. I can't help that. This, of course, happens the day after I tell selected people about my latest crush. The timing is a little unnerving.

================================

I was once again reminded that I am not a good person. Today while I was leaving class, I was talking with my friend Sarah, and she reminded me about a horrible thing that I did when I was a freshman.

You're curious now, aren't you? What did Liz do? What did Liz do that makes her so horrible?

Ok, fine, I'll tell you.

There was a girl freshman year, she will remain nameless, but I assure you that if you are reading this, it's not you. And this girl was a far more despicable than even I could ever hope to be... and well, she bothered me, but I tolerated her for almost the entire first year of my college career before doing this. You've probably guessed it by now. I took her toothbrush, and I used it to scrub the toilet bowl and the scummier parts of the shower corners and drain.

Know what?

I'm still not sorry I did it either.

This is why I am a horrible person.

================================

I tried calling Dave again. No answer. Pretty soon I'm going to cry. For real.

================================

If you're on the Lakeshore campus on 2.2.05 (Groundhog day) and you are so inclined, please stop by the cage in alumni gym after 2:30 and grab a piece of double decker peanut butter fudge. Home made by me! And while I am a terrible person, I promise I didn't do anything gross to the fudge!


No comments: