Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Today was interesting. I got up, and got ready for class. I got on the el (in the same car with a homeless woman who made the whole car smell like a cage at the zoo... sad but true.) I went to Drama. I went to history. I had a meeting with my history professor, and then spent four hours in the jewelry lab working on ilicit pieces of jewelry! (We all know how much I love my time in the lab, whether it's legal or not)

And then I went to the men's volleyball game where God thought it was a good time to remind me that if I don't hurry up and mend my ways, I will be cast into the 7th circle of hell. "How did God do this?" You're asking... well, since we all know I'm a bad person, and that I make fun of others (only because I have no doubt that people make fun of me, so I'm living by the "golden rule") and this does occasionally include the physically and/or mentally handicapped. So, tonight, God sent a gaggle of people from the local Misericordia home (a home for the developmentally disabled, in case you're unfamiliar with the Misericordia organization)to sing the national anthem at the volleyball game... just as a helpful reminder for me (And Krystian, who will no doubt be joining me as he had the audacity to make fun of them while they were still in the gym,). So yeah, I am in that lowest 15% of good people for a reason. Leo thinks I need to go to confession... which caused me to wonder, what commandment am I breaking by making light of other's misfortunes? I'm not doing it in front of them (like Krystian) so it's not like I'm hurting their feelings, and like I said before, I make fun of everybody, myself included, and I have no problem with people making fun of me, so I'm not in violation of the "golden rule" which says "treat others as you wish to be treated..." So maybe I am not going to hell after all... but I consider this evening's disabled serenade a very strong sign to indicate my future destination in the afterlife.

*I also want it noted that I was not the only one fighting laughter, and that unlike others, my laughter was not directed at the singers themselves, but rather at the appropriate sign that God decided to send me regarding my eventual condemnation to hell.

============================

QOTD
2.23.05- "You're going straigh to hell! To hell in a handwagon" ~Mel

(I think she meant a handbasket, but who knows, this is Mel.)


2.24.05 - (We were discussing what type of drunks we were)
Shaun: "I'm a leaner!"
Liz: "I'm a repeater!"
Mel: "What does that mean? You repeat things over and over when you're drunk?"
Liz: "Yup."
J-Dub: "What am I?"
Mel: "A train wreck."

No comments: