Thursday, February 24, 2005

There is an ugly rumor floating around that my co-workers and I are not allowed to play cards at the cage anymore... THIS IS THE DEFINITION OF TRAGEDY! According to dictionary.com, the only non-literary definition of tragedy is as follows: A disastrous event, especially one involving distressing loss or injury to life. Yes, Tragedy has truly befallen us all.

==================================

On a lighter note, JAY WINS PROJECT RUNWAY! (This is the one and ONLY reality show I can actually tolerate enough to watch... and even still I have some issues with it. But from what I gather Project Runway is one of those competitive reality shows that is addictive to ALL... because everyone I recommended it to ended up watching it and LOVING it... but I digress.) I was rooting for Kara Saun up until "The shoe incident" (those of you who watch the show know what I'm talking about) but to be quite honest, I am thrilled Jay won... And basically Wendy looked like the total tool that she is.

HOORAY FOR JAY!

===================================

Back on the ongoing-daily-saga-subject of Dave, today marks the day that I am officially giving up on him. I have not talked to him, or heard from him in such a long time that I have decided to give up. I don't know what has happened, or where I went wrong. I have the sneaking suspicion it has everything to do with his chick, and some kind of perverse jealousy issue (I'm in Chicago for fuck's sake... we've been friends for like 7 years, * 3 of which we didn't even speak to each other... I'm not exactly what you'd call competition.) But, hopefully one day Dave will come to his senses, having retained some portion of my personal information and get in touch with me. Until then, I'm going to let a sleeping dog lie. It's not like me to give up on someone, but the fact is that this one is obviously not within my control... Miss ya buddy. And while I won't be calling you anymore, I hope that some day soon you'll pick up a phone and call me.

===================================

Once again vascillating to a lighter note, tonight is senior night for the lady ramblers basketball team. Nate is coming down to the old L.U. and we're going to cheer for our favorite senior Ciara Henderson, and for our favorite trainer Chris Konior. YAAAAY!

===================================

QOTD
2.25.05 - "You're going to have to forgive me... I just laid some pipe in there about as big around as a double-wide trailer, my ass is killin' me." ~An anonymous person telling me about an apparently massive dump.

No comments: