Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Posts might be few and far between here for a bit kids...

The sad fact is that I found that my computer died a sudden and quiet death yesterday. I had it turned on as usual, and when I returned to check my messages in the afternoon, I found that poor little Vinny had kicked the bucket. At first I thought it was merely the normal auto-shut-off thing that happens from time to time, but after a couple of attempts to turn it back on, I came to the sudden realization that it was far more serious. I tried re-charging the battery, I tried plugging it in and taking the battery pack off... Poor Vinny has breathed his last I'm afraid. We all knew this day had to come, we just never thought it would come so soon. I am hoping that Bret will take pity on me and Vinny and see what he can do as far as resuscitation... I've got my fingers crossed, but I'm not exactly holding out for a miracle. (Anybody got a decent notebook computer they are lookin to get rid of cheap?)

Other than that, the last few days have been filled with studies of art history, and reading plays I don't understand... Envy me.

=====================================

The best part of my day so far certainly came after lunch when we were sitting around the conference table in the Ireland room at alumni gym. Along with a couple quotes of the day, we also started up a brand new game that will surely catch on and become a favorite in offices the world over. Our version was played on the conference table with a racket ball and a rolled up magazine. I think you can infer the basics from there.

=====================================

QOTD
2.10.05 - "Stick it in my ash!" ~ Jamie making an ash wednesday joke

2.11.05 - "Who doesn't like play-doh? I'll tell you who! TERRORISTS! If you don't like play-doh, you're a terrorist!" ~Pat Schultz

Other Ash Wednesday quotes included:

- That guy's an ash hole.
- Get your head out of your ash!
- What an ash!
- Were you just checking out my ash?
- Wow. That's a nice ash!
(If you have any of your own, feel free to contribute by clicking on the "comments" area and putting in your two cents!)

No comments: