Friday, June 02, 2006

Day off.

I had a day off from flower slinging, so did I live it up, or what?

More like "or what."

Granted, I did spend half the day in bed... Which was totally spectacular. And then I spent the remainder of the day cleaning the disaster area that was my apartment.

I did the dishes. (This is a big deal for me.)

Now as you may or may not know, I hate doing dishes. (We've been through this before, I know.) I hate it so much that I usually do my dishes one at a time to prevent having to do a sink full of dishes later.

For some inexplicable reason I let the dishes go for a while. And by a while, I'm talking well over a week. (This is a big thing for me, because I HATE, LOATHE, DESPISE and DETEST food messes.)

I decided that my day off was the prime opportunity to get that heap-o-dishes done. So I did them. I cleaned up all the papers that were slung around the place from the day I spent looking for my checkbook. (Remind me next month that it's in the kitchen by the envelopes now.)

So now my apartment is gloriously clean, there isn't a dish in the sink, the shower is scum free, and almost all of my laundry is done. (This is really not an accomplishment because I wear pretty much the same thing to work every day... So aside from the daily socks & underwear, almost everything was clean to begin with.)

So I spent the evening with some friends in a local pub, drinking my problems away... And now that I'm home, and my problems are kinda fuzzy, I think I'm going to pop in a movie, and drink my face off because I don't have to be at work early tomorrow. I think it's a damn good plan.

And so I bid you a good night, my lovelies!

Sleep well. I know I will once I get there!!!

No comments: