Thursday, June 15, 2006

You know what I need???

A FRICKIN' VACATION!

Last night I was thinking to myself that I needed to get away for a while and get some perspective on things. Yeah the annual drunken debauchery that is my family reunion is coming up, but not soon enough... that's a whole month away!

And so I got to thinking.

I am pretty damn poor, so the options were pretty damn limited. And so I said to myself, "Liz, you really need to get away from everything for a little bit. You need to get the hell out of the city for a few days. But what can you afford? Where can you go on a minimum budget? HOW FRICKIN' LONG HAS IT BEEN SINCE YOU'VE SEEN YOUR FRICKIN' BEST FRIEND?"

And so I decided that it is time to remedy this problem.

I ran the idea by my mom, who thought it was brilliant, because she knows I've been in a funk lately. And I sent a quick e-mail to the admiral to make sure she was up to it... And considering we haven't seen each other in over three years, she was pretty damn excited. And so, next weekend, I am off to Columbus, Ohio... and considering I am only going to Ohio for a weekend, I don't know that I've ever been so excited to take a vacation that won't even get me out of the midwestern U.S.

Seriously... I'm EXCITED to go to OHIO!

This is going to ROCK... And its totally giving me a reason to get out of bed in the morning!!!! (Because I have tomorrow off.)

No comments: