Wednesday, June 07, 2006

LIARS!!!!

When I got my new phone, I had to pay off my old service to get my new service activated. A couple of weeks ago, I got a call saying that I owed them some money. After talking to 5 different people in 5 different departments, it was ruled that I had in fact paid the balance off and that it was their mistake.

Skip ahead to this afternoon. I called to check my voicemail and find that my service has been suspended. Why? Because someone thinks I still owe them money. This makes someone a LIAR.

So I call to resolve this issue. And after 45 minutes they said that I could pay it or dispute the charge... of course disputing the charge meant that I'd be without phone service, which can't be done, so I just said let's just pay it and get it the hell over with.

And then they try to stick me with a $36.00 service re-instatement fee... OH HELL NO.

After some cajolling and being transferred two more times, I talked to someone who was sympathetic to my plight and waived the re-instatement fee. Good. Now we're talking.

While we're on the subject of liars, those bitches at the Dr. Scholl's company are chock full o' lies too!

Considering I've been hobbling around for well over a week now, and now that I am almost back to walking normally, I decided to invest in some of those gel insoles that you see advertised in those obnoxious commercials every 20 minutes. The verdict? Guilty of LYING to me! If anything, those fuckers made my feet hurt worse after a day at work... Not better. And so I am starting a campaign to quash the myth that those things are any good at all. They're not!

LIARS!!!!

Ok, so here's a QOTD, courtesy of Mel. (Actually it's a conversational excerpt, but here it is anyway.) It should be noted that Mel is of Dutch decendency... She's Dutch. VERY DUTCH.

Mel: "I have a dull life!"
Liz: "You live in Iowa now... that's to be expected."
Mel: "Very true... tulip festival is over."
Liz: "AWWWWWW."
Mel: "All we have now is moc-fv baseball"
Mel: http://octulipfestival.com/
Liz: "and how's that getting you through the summer."
Mel: "Not so much... It costs $4 to get in... to watch HIGH SCHOOL baseball!"
Liz: "GROSS"
Mel: "Check out the link"
Liz: "It's GLORIOUS!!!!"
Mel: "We're dorks... at least the Irish drink, so any mishaps can be blamed on the alcohol. This is a bunch of sober people that play the game "vande fear" because "vande" is a popular suffix to many a dutch last name."
Liz: "Oh, you and your sad blonde people."
Mel: "YEAH it was too Dutch for even me!"

No comments: