Saturday, June 03, 2006

I've been hobbled.

You've seen "Misery" right? You know with James Caan, and Kathy Bates? Quality movie, by the way, so if you haven't seen it, check it the hell out because missing it means there is something severely wrong with you.

Anyway, for those of you who have seen "Misery" you will recall the scene involving "hobbling." It's actually quite a well-known scene, you're probably familiar with it.

Oh hell... Here's the official trailer, the hobbling part is at the end.



So anyway... After spending the week at work, (with. a. hole. in. my. foot.) I was grateful for that day off on Friday... And that day off was delightful, don't get me wrong. But I went in to work today and as I ran around trying to get things done, I realized that I was in a great deal more pain than I was used to dealing with since sustaining this injury.

As it turns out, while trying to compensate for the foot injury, I really pissed off my ankle. To the point where it pulled a Kathy Bates on me and basically relayed the message to the rest of me by screaming, "HEY! You dumb slut, you've pissed me off. I've put up with your shenannigans all damn week, I'm not playing around with you ANY! MORE! And so, YOU WILL NOT WALK."

And so I hobbled around at work all day. And when I got home, I had a nice soak in the tub, and then I called Kirsten. (*For those of you who do not know, Kirsten is the ONLY person outside my family who I have ever lived with who I have maintained a working, functional, friendly relationship with.) Kirsten and I talked for an hour and a half, and in typical fashion, a long talk with Kirsten was more enjoyable than just about anything else I could've done with my Saturday night... I mention this, only because I have some QOTDs for you!

"Yeah - so Kelly comes in, and she's drunk and pissed off. And she sees that I have put a couple of boxes in her room... And she gets even more pissed off... And I kid you not. She gathers super-human strength from somewhere other-worldly, and she HURLS these boxes a la The Hulk throwing a tank."~ Kirsten talking about her sister/former roommate.

"I went out pretty hard last night. And it's Saturday. And I may or may not have to go into the office to do some work tomorrow... So to be honest I'm sitting here, and I'm kind of bitter that I am slowly drinking a bottle of wine tonight, rather than chugging it." ~Kirsten on the course of her weekend.

"I'm sorry... It's my guilty pleasure. I used to go out and get bridal magazines and read them in the bathroom while I was taking a dump... I can't do that now that I'm in a serious relationship! ...He'll think there's something wrong with me! " ~Kirsten on guilty pleasures.

No comments: