Monday, June 12, 2006

I won't steal her thunder...

I wrote a post on matters of the heart... I actually wrote it on Friday. I had some trouble finishing it though, in part because I wasn't really sure where I wanted to go with the post, and partly because I didn't feel like I was really ready to confront the matters of the heart that I really ought to be dealing with. Its been a couple of days, and after mulling it over for entirely too long, I've still not come up with a satisfactory conclusion, and so it remains in the draft pile for now.

Debbie has been dealing with a lot of matters of the heart lately too. Its a little bit strange, really. I was reading parts of her post, and thinking about how I'd written nearly the exact same thing about parts of my own emotional dilemma only a short while ago. And while part of me wants to reach out and advise Debbie with regards to her situation, I couldn't do it with a clear conscience, knowing that I can't unravel the most significant parts of my own problems... Basically I felt like I had no place advising anyone else on much of anything.

I don't know when you'll ever see that post, but I'll keep working on it... And I'll keep working out my problems, and let you know what I come up with, if anything.



On a completely unrelated note, I recently found out that my psychotic former-roommate, Jennie, is leaving the city. She got a job in Louisville, Kentucky and is leaving the city in the next couple of weeks. I haven't really gotten into former-roommate drama stuff here, but those who know me personally, and have met or heard the tales of crazy Jennie, are rejoicing in their own ways, because the city of Chicago will officially have one less clinically certifiably insane person. She might be missed by SOMEONE... But it won't be me... Or anyone I know.



QOTD

Erin: "Hey! Let's re-enact scenes from dirty dancing!?"
Kerry: "Which ones?"
Liz: "Yeah, because I'm not grinding on your leg, we're not gonna hump, and we're certainly not doing the lift!"


[Erin, seated on a flatbed cart at Home Depot, doing a beauty queen wave to no one in particular]
Erin: "I'm the queen of the depot!"
Liz: "If she's queen of the depot, I'm guessing it's because she's still got all her own teeth."

Erin: "Damn, that guy is skinny."
Liz: "Christ, look at his achilles! Wow."
Kerry: "That's a great pickup line. 'You know you've got some really great achilles tendons!'"
Liz: "Its only a great pickup line if you finish it off with something like, 'Whaddya say we work 'em out together?'"

No comments: