Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I learned something today...

My monthly reports were due at 2:00 PM today. I stayed up until 4:30 AM working on them. And in that time, I finished all but one... But the one I didn't finish was the worst one I had to do. (I don't know why I put it off until last, but I think the idea was to have all the other ones done so that in case I didn't finish in time I could say, "Oh, I only had one that was late... All of my other ones were in on time.") But that last one was a monster and at 4:30 AM, I didn't have it in me to get that beast cranked out. Knowing I had to get up at 8 to make it to the 9 AM staff meeting I thought 4:30 was late enough.

This schedule taught me a VERY important lesson. The lesson is that three and a half hours of sleep is not enough to actually do you any good, it's only enough to piss you off when you have to get up.

Long story short, I got to the morning meeting, after which I set myself to the task of getting that last report done and in on time... And I DID! And then I worked 7 billable hours in my afternoon. And now I'm ready to shower and pass the hell out.

And now for your QOTD:

Drew: "...Well, I had a client that had a kid who was something like 89 lbs when he was 3. The kid is 5 now, and whenever I do visits, I'm a little worried when I have to be the disciplinarian. I mean he may only be 5, but I think this kid could possibly kick my ass!"
Brent: "Well, Drew, it doesn't help that you only weigh like 90 lbs now!"
Lori: "YOU HAVE BEEN LOSING WEIGHT! I mean you weren't fat before, but I thought you were looking slimmer, but really you look good!"
Kelly: "How are you losing it? Working out more?"
Drew: "Are you kidding? I work 13 hour days five or six days a week, I've got a wife and two kids under the age of 4. When the hell am I going to work out? ...No, I'm losing my weight the old fashioned way... Slim Fast and Marlboros."

No comments: