Saturday, July 16, 2005

Cut off...

Yeah, I have been cut off. (Michael get your head outta the gutter, NOBODY cuts me off like that! ...Though my selectivity has essentially meant that I am, in essence, cutting myself off all the time.)

No the reality of the matter is that the bitches at Cingular / AT&T turned off my phone for some reason... BITCHES. Actually I think I know the reason. I have not updated my address since I moved, so I have a feeling that my last bill was returned to them and they think I've vanished off the face of the earth... I know I paid my bill, so I know that's not the problem. What a buncha hoochies! So I called them to get things straightened out, and they said that I should have service again within the next 24 hours... in the meantime, if you're trying to get in touch with me, you are going to be shit outta luck, because my phone was my only link to the world outside my apartment.

This disconnection came at a particularly unfortunate time, which ensured that I missed a beach weekend with Meljoy... (I'm sorry Mel, I didn't see this one coming! You know I wanted to go out and hit the beach with you!)

=============================

As for everything else, here's the skinny.

Bartending classes start on Monday. They go on for a week, and once I have learned all I need to know those bitches will help me find a job. Having a steady gig as a bartender will likely mean that I will have the cash flow to finance internet access in my apartment. That means I will no longer be at the mercy of the bitches at my neighborhood Borders or Starbucks. This also means that you can look forward to much more frequent /regular posting from me. And I think it's a safe bet that a bartender job will bring you the kinds of stories that you have all come to know and love about this site.

=

My faith in boys has been renewed! Yes, you read that right. My faith in boys has been renewed! Here's the story:

When I boarded the train home from midway (on my return from E-Vegas) I figured that being on a train after midnight would be nothing more than a ride home for much less than the cost of a cab... I was wrong! It was an eye-opening experience in the realm of wonderful boys! Or at least one wonderful boy.

When I reached my stop, several passengers, including a pretty cute guy and I got off the train. It was at this point that I realized that there was something wrong with my luggage. The pull-out handle was broken... it wouldn't pull out. So I was trying to steer my luggage at a very awkward angle, and the afforementioned cute boy asked how far I was going. I told him that I was only going a block, so I could manage, and I thanked him for his concern. Apparently he thought I needed the assistance anyway, because he offered to carry it home for me. I assured him that I would be ok, at which point he offered to hail a cab for me. I told him once again that it was only a block and that I would manage. He then decided that he wouldn't hear of it, picked up my 50lb bag and walked it the entire block to the front door of my building. VERY SWEET.

While he carried my bag, we talked briefly, and I found out that his name was Richard Bailey, he was originally from Dallas TX, and that he will be shipped out to Iraq sometime next month.

When we got to the front door of my building I thanked him a few times, and told him that I wished I had something more than my thanks to offer him, and he asked me to pray for him while he was overseas. I told him I would. I offered him a drink but he declined and told me that he had to be up at 5 to report to wherever for something or other. I thanked him again and wished him the best of luck, at which point he just asked again that I pray for him.

And I will.

I encourage all of you to do the same... Pray for this boy, and for all the polite chivalrous boys who have been shipped out. (The assholes can be shot in the caboose for all I care, but nice boys like that deserve to come back unscathed!)

And when I told Meljoy this story she said "And you let him leave? LIZ! I hope that boy had a ring on his finger if you let him go that easily!"

He did.

Believe me, I wouldn't have let a boy with such incredible manners and the most astonishing display of chivalry I've seen in MANY years go if he didn't already belong to someone else! (She's a very lucky bitch!)

============================

Pictures from my Alabama trip will be up soon... I forgot to bring my memory card with the pics on it!

============================

* Being cut off from the world has allowed me to find more time to paint... just in case you were wondering what the hell I've been doing with myself since I can't talk to anyone on the phone to make plans to go out. (It's been kinda nice actually.)

============================

I've also found that since my graduation from college, now that I no longer have to read anything, that I read anything I can get my hands on. I've re-read quite a few old favorites, as well as some new books. So if you decide that you want to give me a late graduation present, and you think paying my rent for the month of August is a smidge on the extravagant side, then by all means, books are a wonderful idea! (Gift certificates for books or movies or an Ipod would also work as well.)

============================

FYI - Just so you all don't get upset, I discovered this morning that I have the start of an ear infection, so if you do talk to me in the next couple of days and I seem a little grumpy, odds are pretty good it's not anything you did!

============================

QOTD -

"Liz! I saw a shirt and instantly thought of you! It said 'I'm MAD'!" ~Meljoy

"You're going to play checkers with me whether you like it or not! I'll even let you pick which color you wanna be... even though I assume you will want to be black, because we all know you're part black!" ~ Dez

No comments: