Friday, July 29, 2005

That's how I roll... (and QUALITY QsOTD!!!)

Let’s get something straight here…

I don’t claim to have a handle on things. Most days I walk around and find strange new things that astound and amaze me. A lot of those things are probably rather commonplace to the rest of the citizens of the world. Not me.

So as a child of wonderment, I will let you know my own unimportant opinions about a few things.

I am a 22 year old girl who is thrilled by the concept of being 22 and eating bagel bites for dinner. (I think there is something inherently glorious about that!)

I think Quentin Tarrantino is a cinematic GENIUS.

I think Guy Ritchie is a brilliant writer / director, but not quite the overall caliber of Tarrantino’s genius-level.

I think that fashion models are overpaid.

I think the current general obsession with fame and celebrity is unhealthy.

I think twins are so fascinating… I wish I had a twin.

I don’t like peanut butter.

I don’t mind peanut butter and jelly sammiches.

I think sammiches, or better yet s’miches is a better way of saying SANDWICHES… and I think we’ll all be better off once we adopt these alternate terms into our lexicon.

I don’t understand how some people are incapable of multitasking… I am in fact writing this post, watching a movie, painting my toenails, and talking to my brother.

I like the smell of gasoline.

I am creeped out by:

  • Close talkers.
  • Amputees.
  • Hairless cats.
  • People with spectacularly thick glasses.
  • People with really bad teeth.

I am somehow otherwise inexplicably put off (though not “creeped out” ) by:

  • Hummel figurines.
  • Large collections of teddy bears/ dolls.
  • Gin.
  • Knee-length socks
  • Taco Bell
  • Mittens.
  • People who constantly talk on the phone with those ear pieces
  • People who talk on the phone in the bathroom
  • People who change the spelling of their own name… though not legally, and not changing the actual name, rather only the spelling.
  • Mustard.
  • PT Cruisers.
  • That beeping noise made by large vehicles when they back up
  • The game Canasta
  • That nursing-home smell
  • People who cannot sing but force me to listen to them anyway.
  • Celebrities who are famous for no reason other than the fact that they have money.


================================

I ran across a veritable treasure trove of quality quotes that I’d written down but not posted, and so you all reap the benefits now!!! (I’ll give you a bunch because I know you’ve been aching for them lately!)

QOTD

Liz: “You know you really just don’t see enough green liquor…”
Em: “Well, you don’t tend to say the word ‘naked’ in a bank very much either, but that’s just how it goes."

“Well it would probably be better if you smothered yourself in butter… because, as we all know butter makes everything better!” ~ Dez.

“You know when I leave here I’m going to need a cigarette… and a vibrator… and then probably another cigarette…” ~ Jamie

“You know what, I’m going to tune you out right about now, but you can keep talking, and I’ll just stare at your chest!” ~ Matt

“Miners die of black lung, right? Well me, I’m not a miner! I’m just a smoker, so I’m going to die of sparkly gold lung!” ~ Joe

Old woman on street: “Can either of you spare a quarter?”
Dave: “No, I need my quarter… but I’ve got a kidney I’m not using if you want that!”

“I have given this some serious thought… and I’m tired of hearing that people don’t go to church the way they used to… I mean really, there’s an easy solution to all of this; just make being good look like it’s more appealing and fun than being bad… oh, I guess that isn’t an EASY solution” ~ Mark

“Wanna go out dancin’? Wanna go out drinkin’? Wanna go out whorin’? Oh wait, that’s for Kaci’s birthday, not yours.” ~ Kara

Dave: (talking about Dez’s piercing) “Ouch, did that hurt?”
Dez: “Yeah, it hurt for a little while”
Dave: “How long did it hurt?”
Dez: “I don’t know… it hurt till it stopped hurting.”


And there’s more where those came from BITCHES!

No comments: