Sunday, September 04, 2005

Bad news... again. (I'm really starting to feel like Debbie Downer)

In addition to the crazy mess that has been going on of late, my dad called me while I was slinging flowers today, and the news wasn't good.

My uncle Jim, who was hospitalized for an unknown ailment resembling severe exhaustion at last report, has now been diagnosed. He has a very aggressive form of cancer. Doctors are presently unsure if it is operable, but based solely on what they know right now, the prognosis doesn't look good. In fact, they went so far as to say "it's likely that he'll go very rapidly."

And you know things don't look good when doctors start talking about bitches goin' places.

So once again, for those of you in touch with whatever god(s) you pray to, please give my family, especially my uncle Jim, and my grandmothers, a mention.

We all appreciate it!

===============================================

In light of this sad news, I called my mom, had a milkshake, and bought a fish.

Pictures of the fish will be posted when I get my computer back... though at this rate, they are probably going to tell me that when they opened it up to fix it, they found that it had cancer too, and that I won't be getting it back. Sorry.

Originally my plan was to let you, the readers pick the name of my fish... I was going to post a handy little poll on the sidebar much like I had before, for the "Screw Hollywood, you decide" survey so that you could pick the name, but then I changed my mind. Since nothing seems to be going well for anyone around me lately, I decided to name my fish Murphy.

Mom asked, "Why Murphy?" to which I simply answered, "Murphy's Law... anything that can go wrong, WILL go wrong."

Happy adoption day Murphy!

===============================================

QOTD

"Oh, so you knock shit over with your tits too? That makes me feel better!"~Tori (who has big boobs that also knock things over)

"They are workin me like a Hebrew slave!" ~Little Christine.

No comments: