Wednesday, September 07, 2005

I'm going home...

Family comes first, so I'll be at home in Evansville for the next week. I might occasionally post from there if I get a chance.

Meljoy is fish-sitting Murphy while I'm away.

================================================

To add insult to injury, I no longer have a bartending job.

When I called to explain my situation to my boss this morning he informed me that my services are no longer needed.

When I offered to find someone to cover my shifts I was told not to bother because he would be hiring someone else to REPLACE me...

When I made a plea to keep the job, and said I'd find someone for the shifts, he then proceeded to make up some bullshit about a discrepancy with my drawer on Sunday. This is complete bullshit because I counted my cash in at the begining of my shift, and I counted and re-counted out at the end of my shift. If I was off in any way, I'd have settled it at the end of my shift which is standard operation for a bar... hearing about it three days later means he's got something else going on, and he's pinning it on me, so I get screwed out of my job.

That stings a little bit.

================================================

So when I come back I'll be looking for more bartending work.

JOY.

No comments: